RV12 Skyview fuel tank calibration

mauritz

I love flying!
Hi I battle to get the Skyview to read my fuel tank in the RV12 for calibration purposes. Any suggestion as to how to resolve the problem?

Dw1oakes

You did not mention if you had capacitive or resistive senders?
I cannot remember if you have to indicate as such in the SV setup?
i had trouble with mine too, I think it was the fuel sender on mine. 7A
Best to you, :)
Dave

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Can you describe exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing as a result? What are the numbers that you're seeing during calibration? Are you having trouble finding the calibration process in the system?

cessnadriver850

I love flying!
I had similar problems. Fill tank 1/2 gal at time following the procedures in the manual. Pressed done and message that calibration failed. Drain tank and repeat. That was Aux tank. Same thing on main tank. Got tired of draining and refilling but on the fourth of fifth try it finally accepted the process. Now a happy camper. This was resistive senders.

D

DHeal

Early RV-12s had only one positive wire connecting the resistive fuel sensor to the fuel quantity gauge. The ground (-) was assumed to be provided by the tank's structure. This assumed ground did not always work well. Many of us builders added a dedicated ground wire between the sensor's base and a nearby airframe ground point. I believe that Van's latest plans utilize starred lock washers to improve the ground. Perhaps you have a weak ground connection?

mauritz

I love flying!
During fuel tank calibration process, the Skyview do not except the values, when fuel is added in increments, it keeps on telling us “the value did not change do you want to except the value” Which I then except but it does not indicate that fuel is added.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That means that SkyView isn't seeing a signal. So, could be any of a bad connection, non-common ground path between SkyView and the level probe, or maybe even if the float isn't moving. Did you happen to note what value it was stuck on?

kalewis

I love flying!
I had similar problems. Fill tank 1/2 gal at time following the procedures in the manual.

if i recall, you fill 2 gallons at a time. when finished the skyview may read 16+ because the float only goes that high.