RV8 ROLL SERVO MOUNTING BRACKET

RV8MW

JUST RECIEVED MY SERVOS AND MOUNTING BRACKETS FOR MY RV8 AND THE SERVO FOR THE ROLL SERVO MOUNTS IN THE WING. IS THERE A BRACKET FOR THE RV8 TO MOUNT IT IN THE COCKPIT FLOOR LIKE TRU TRAC HAS. I WOULD PERFER TO MOUNT IT INSIDE IF POSSIBLE.
BEFORE I MOUNT THEM I WANT TO MAKE SURE SERVOS WILL BE THE SAME FOR THE NEXT GENERATION EFIS .

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do not have a fuselage mount for the RV-8 roll at this time. You can mount the servo there if you want, but we can't supply brackets or hardware.

The same servos we sell today will be used with the next system.

agrantz

The wing mount for the RV8 has been working very well for me (20+ hours). While it may not be as appealing from a theoretical point of view (equivalent to perhaps an extra half gallon of fuel in the right wing due to its location), there is no noticeable roll trim effect with the AP disengaged. In fact, if you have a heated pitot tube on the left wing, they will just about balance. The wing mount has the advantage of being much easier to access and inspect than under the floor, should the need arise.
-Alan

shersha

If you want to mount the roll servo under the floor on the RV-8, just buy the bracket from TruTrak. If fits perfectly, and if you got the match-drilled fuselage, the holes are already there for mounting. Make sure you use the outermost hole in the servo arm though to keep from going over center. And the bracket that mounts on the control tube isn't parallel as shown on the TruTrak drawing.

Ratman

If you want to mount the roll servo under the floor on the RV-8, just buy the bracket from TruTrak.

From what I understand, TruTrak stop selling the bracket when they found out that the Dynon servos bolt right in. If you want one you have to buy the servo to get it.

Now that being said, looking at their install document online (http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/documents/RV-8RollInstall.pdf) it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate one. If you can build an RV then you should be able to build this simple bracket. Although I don't really know why Dynon wouldn't have these built either. Seems like it would be an easy way to turn a buck.