Screen repeater app

skysailor

I would like Dynon to consider developing a screen repeater app for the iPad. While the WIFI dongle will allow Foreflight synthetic vision to show the Skyview attitude etc, this is not the functionality sought. Ideally, the WIFI dongle would allow a repeat of whatever is shown on the screen of the Skyview display. This would allow a remote display in places where a second display is not possible. The rear seat of most tandem aircraft simply lack the depth to allow even the very shallow Skyview display to be mounted. An iPad could literally be mounted to the rear of the front seat. I would be willing to purchase such an app if offered at a reasonable price to keep Dynon healthy and offset development costs.

W

William_Ince

I would like Dynon to consider developing a screen repeater app for the iPad. While the WIFI dongle will allow Foreflight synthetic vision to show the Skyview attitude etc, this is not the functionality sought. Ideally, the WIFI dongle would allow a repeat of whatever is shown on the screen of the Skyview display. This would allow a remote display in places where a second display is not possible. The rear seat of most tandem aircraft simply lack the depth to allow even the very shallow Skyview display to be mounted. An iPad could literally be mounted to the rear of the front seat. I would be willing to purchase such an app if offered at a reasonable price to keep Dynon healthy and offset development costs.
Concur totally. I hope Dynon will strongly consider this.
I own and fly behind two SV-D700 displays. The D-700 is a fine device, but for navigation and ADS-B traffic and weather, I find it is just too small.
A "repeater" feature would be awesome, especially for us who have D700's.
Had my panel been larger, I would have opted for the D1000 for sure, but my installer said there was no way he could make it fit.

What say you, Dynon?

baldwin@dart.com

I love flying!
I've been flying with a single SV-700 in my RV8 for 3 years now, and often find myself with a back-seater who would like to see the instruments. My Instrument Proficiency check with an examiner is one example, and allowing my copilot to monitor instruments approaches is another. Would love to see a "repeater" to an IPAD I could strap to the back of my front seat so my passenger could fly an altitude or airspeed, or could function as a safety monitor when we're in the soup. Anyone have additional thoughts?