Seattle Avionics 5/19 - 6/16 Data Update

swaneymj

Anybody else having problems downloading the next Seattle Avionics data effective 5/19 - 6/16? I've tried a number of times and with different computers and only see the current data that expires 5/18. I haven't seen a notification email of the availability from Seattle either. My account is up to date in their system, so I have no idea what's happening.

RV8JD

The new release from SA has not shown up for me either. But some of Garmin's updates for the Aera 660 always come out very close to the expiration date of the current databases.

swaneymj

It was released last night. A bit last minute! They're usually better than this. Should have at least put out some notification.

swatson999

Then there's this, of course:

Update process starting.
Checking for new US Dynon SkyView ChartData.
There was an unexpected problem downladoading Seattle Avionics Airport Diagrams (descriptive data) FGData.
There was an unexpected problem downladoading IFR Approach Plates (descriptive data) PlatesData.

Even their error messages suck. "downladoading". Anyway, guess I'll delete the data in the folder, restart the POS program, and see if it works.

RV8JD

Successfully downloaded the latest SA databases this afternoon with no problem. Never have had a problem downloading the databases.

Merlinspop

I wrote them on Tuesday to ask if there was a problem. Got a reply yesterday that there was a delay but it should be available now. It was.

JohnAJohnson

I love flying!
I downloaded it fine on the 19th with 6.6.0.2, but it took the usual six hours or so to do it. It is agonizingly slow. I have 100mbit connectivity and a reasonably new/fast laptop. Currently downloading 26 areas (sectionals, SA Airport Diagrams, IFR Low, Approach Plates and Airport diagrams). I've also tried it with just a couple of areas and it is still unbelievably slow. Every other data download I do (for other devices/products) takes minutes, not many hours. Is this normal for the Seattle Avionics Data Manager?

birddog486

I love flying!
I downloaded it fine on the 19th with 6.6.0.2, but it took the usual six hours or so to do it. It is agonizingly slow. I have 100mbit connectivity and a reasonably new/fast laptop. Currently downloading 26 areas (sectionals, SA Airport Diagrams, IFR Low, Approach Plates and Airport diagrams). I've also tried it with just a couple of areas and it is still unbelievably slow. Every other data download I do (for other devices/products) takes minutes, not many hours. Is this normal for the Seattle Avionics Data Manager?

It happens/depends

I've noticed some USB sticks are faster than others. I dont understand why but I have a few that I use for downloading Nav Data, there all the same size and brand but one seems to download significantly faster than the others

swaneymj

JohnAJohnson once the data is available (it seemed quite late this time) I use a 2014 Mac running Windows 10 via Parallels to open the SA Data Manager. It's a bit clunky, but the downloads take no where near 6 hours. I download most of the US except for IFR High charts. Unless I'm starting from scratch it's normally less than an hour. I need 2 downloads/drives for my 2 Skyview displays, but have found I can only upload to one thumb drive at a time. Even though it recognizes the second drive if I put it in, for some reason it will not load to the 2nd drive. Oh well, I just do one at a time - but still in less than an hour.

JPQ

Can anyone tell us the fastest thumb drives? Mine take hours it seems and they are the Gigastone 32gig USB 3.0. And I do not get the green light on the Low Altitude Charts. Using 6.6.0.2