Seattle Avionics Maps

mrdaud

Quick question. Does the ADAHRS need to be active to view the Seattle Avionics Maps/Diagrams? I just downloaded their software, but nothing comes up on the display when I plug my memory stick into the USB port. I am working on panel wiring at home while the ADAHRS is still with the plane. I do have everything else, except the AP servos, hooked up.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dave:

Select SCREEN and make sure MAP is selected.

Then, you choose which charts you want to display - MAP > LAYERS and select VFR, IFR LOW, or IFR HIGH.

Quick question.  Does the ADAHRS need to be active to view the Seattle Avionics Maps/Diagrams?  I just downloaded their software, but nothing comes up on the display when I plug my memory stick into the USB port.  I am working on panel wiring at home while the ADAHRS is still with the plane.  I do have everything else, except the AP servos, hooked up.

mrdaud

Everything on my data card looks OK, but I am verifying with SA as I have a Mac and had to do a manual download. I understand your reply, but did not get an answer to my basic question... does the ADAHRS have to be connected to the system to see the MAP files? I have GPS and all the appropriate databased suggested by Dynon, and have a MAP button on the screen. When I press MAP and go to LAYERS, all I see is a button labeled TERRAIN... no Maps or diagrams. Do I need the ADAHRS?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
No, you don't need the ADAHRS to be connected. SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > INSTALLED DATABASES should list what it recognizes on the stick under the PROCEDURE CHART AND AIRPORT DIAGRAMS and the ENROUTE CHARTS headings. If nothing's listed there, they're not properly installed on the stick.