Seattle Avionics

Garrett

I love flying!
Dynon, can you elaborate on delte all the other data. After having the problems with the new chart data, the Data Manager program will no longer copy approach plates and airport diagrams to the USB memory stick. I have uninstalled an dreinstalled the program but gave up and used another computer where everything is now working fine. The original computer I think needs the data files all removed then reloaded to fix it? :mad:

cptbob

I love flying!
SA did get me working. took awhile and was an easy fix. I hope they continue improvements.

timfwalsh01

Please publish the XP instructions.

I have had zero problems with SA until the Charts came out.

Yes, I know XP is no longer supported.  I have a MAC with Parallels and XP - Why?  Because Seattle SA is the only program that operates off Windows.

Thanks  Tim

Garrett

I love flying!
After loading charts my plates got corrupted SA was able to help fix the problem with the link below should work for XP also. There email tech support was prompt and accurate. :)

https://seattleavionics.zendesk.com/entries/31386674-Data-Manager-Clean-UnInstall-Windows-7-

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The new Seattle Avionics Data Manager is available. The version is 4.1.4.014 as shown in the lower left hand corner of the program. It should auto download and update if you close and re-open the Data Manager. If it does not, it can be manually downloaded here:

http://chartdata.seattleavionics.com/Apps/DataManagerSetup.exe

This should hopefully fix the various problems people have been experiencing over the last two weeks since we released sectionals. It also improves copy speeds to the USB stick by up to 5X.

60av8tor

The new Seattle Avionics Data Manager is available. The version is 4.1.4.014 as shown in the lower left hand corner of the program. It should auto download and update if you close and re-open the Data Manager. If it does not, it can be manually downloaded here:

http://chartdata.seattleavionics.com/Apps/DataManagerSetup.exe

This should hopefully fix the various problems people have been experiencing over the last two weeks since we released sectionals. It also improves copy speeds to the USB stick by up to 5X.

Was hoping this would fix my issues :mad:.  I finally got the FG info to load, but still no joy on the plates - just a yellow circle with "on computer N/A. The plates are on my computer. I can open the folder and look at them; program just thinks they're not, hence won't transfer to the thumb drive. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program, deleted all files, and downloaded the 17053 plate files at least 10 times over the previous several days and only have 1/2 of my issue fixed.  I'm beyond frustrated with this second-rate software.  Last time it hung at 17052 of 17053.  If this was free, it would be one thing, but to pay for a subscription and deal with this frustration...  Worked fine until V10.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What products are you trying to download, for what states, and how big is your USB stick?

Did you verify your program got updated to build 414?

60av8tor

What products are you trying to download, for what states, and how big is your USB stick?

Did you verify your program got updated to build 414?

Yup, .0414 with a 16Gb drive - same one as I have used from the beginning. Downloading plates, FG, sectionals, and low enroute charts - have 10 east coast states selected. As I type, I'm watching it download the 17053 files (for the 10th time today). Downloads fine - I can see the plates on my PC, but the on computer icon remains yellow and says N/A - as a result, it won't load to the thumb drive. Every other file loads as advertised.

Garrett

I love flying!
This worked for me.
https://seattleavionics.zendesk.com/entries/31386674-Data-Manager-Clean-UnInstal

aguiraf

I purchased a subscription last Friday April 18, 2014. I have not been able to download the charts. The same problems outlined in previous emails. I have tried to contact SA throughout the weekend and today. Message " we are at Sun&Fun". Sun and Fun finished April 6. I am frustrated and would like to cancel the subscription. Does anybody know how to do this. The extension 200 does not get answered by a live person. I have never had bad customer service from Dynon Avionics and since it was recommended by Dynon Avionics I did not think twice before placing my subscription. Please help. Thanks, Gus

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Gus:

We're sorry that you've had difficulties contacting Seattle Avionics. We've heard from other customers that they do return calls, albeit slowly. We suggest continuing to call them periodically, such as once per day, and request a refund.

I purchased a subscription last Friday April 18, 2014. I have not been able to download the charts. The same problems outlined in previous emails. I have tried to contact SA throughout the weekend and today. Message " we are at Sun&Fun".  Sun and Fun finished April 6. I am frustrated and would like to cancel the subscription. Does anybody know how to do this. The extension 200 does not get answered by a live person.  I have never had bad customer service from Dynon Avionics and since it was recommended by Dynon Avionics I did not think twice before placing my subscription. Please help. Thanks, Gus

aguiraf

I finally received a response from SA via Email. Charts have been downloaded. Don't know exactly the problem but I was asked to delete my email address and password and re-input them. The only difference to what I was doing is not re-inputting the email address. I did suggest to SA the importance of providing current information in their phones. I don't mind waiting if the system is down or people are not available. Just provide up to date message or information. Thanks for your reply.

amolny

I love flying!
I'm having the same problem with yellow indicators for Airport Diagrams and Approach Plates. I've read all the posts and followed all the procedures - clean uninstall, clearing off the USB drive and reinstalling the latest v4.1.4.0414 ChartData Manager.

I have turned off scanned charts in the interest of saving time. I'm leaving for Oshkosh on Wednesday and I really need those approach plates. I've sent the log file to SA but based on what I've read here I'm not optimistic. What else can I do to get this working?

L

larrynew

This is the only procedure that's worked for me:

Same problem with just the IFR plates download on multiple computers. Followed the advice recommended and now both are working perfectly.

1. Disable 'Allow simultaneous download' under Options
2. Select 'Open the download folder on this pc' under advanced
3. Delete anything with 'ChartData' in the name.
4. Delete the Plates from the USB Flash Drive
5. Click Download Now

60av8tor

I'm having the same problem with yellow indicators for Airport Diagrams and Approach Plates. I've read all the posts and followed all the procedures - clean uninstall, clearing off the USB drive and reinstalling the latest v4.1.4.0414 ChartData Manager.

I have turned off scanned charts in the interest of saving time. I'm leaving for Oshkosh on Wednesday and I really need those approach plates. I've sent the log file to SA but based on what I've read here I'm not optimistic. What else can I do to get this working?

Adam - I had fits with SA and Larry's suggestion - specifically disabling simultaneous downloads - seemed to work on my Windows 8 laptop.

amolny

I love flying!
Thanks for all the responses, guys. I also emailed SA support and they responded within a day. I had already tried deleting the files from the AppData folder and memory stick. 60av8tor is right - unchecking "Allow simultaneous downloads" fixed the problem. I'm back in business now. See you all at Oshkosh.
-Adam
Lancar Legacy N181AM