Second EFIS will not wake up

hstaton

I have a 10" (Primary display), and a 7" (secondary display). The primary powers up fine, but the secondary will not come on at all. I have verified power available to both power pins and ground is present. What next? :(

n456ts

Do not write below this line
I assume this is about Skyview units? (not posted in SV section). Does holding down button #1 boot it?

airguy

What software version?

I have a pair of 10" screens, and previous to 14.0 I had no problems at all with them - but since loading 14.0 my right hand screen reboots after about 30 seconds of normal display, continuously in a loop.

hstaton

Tried holding button 1 down, also,tried 7&8 - no joy. This display has never had power applied to it before yesterday, so it has never booted up. Thanks anyway! :-[

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sam,
First and foremost- does the yellow LED on the ethernet port light up when you believe the unit has power? If it doesn't light, then it doesn't have power. If it does light up, then unplug everything but the D37, and see if it boots then.

Another test is to swap the screens to check harnesses. If that fails, it sounds like the non-working screen is somehow broken.

hstaton

Thanks for the hints. First - Amber light on solid, green light slow blink. Removed everything but the D37, no joy. Tried pushing button 1 to force a startup, no joy. The harnesses were swapped yesterday - again, no joy. This is going to take a marathon phone call, as I have multiple failures XPNDR, a/p servos, etc.