Sending flight plan to Dynon HDX and Garmin GNC355

Denok

I have just installed a GNC355 and I would like to know if there is a way to send a flight plan from Foreflight to the HDXs (wifi) and to the GNC355 (Bluetooth) at the same time or at least have the choice between the units without turning off one or the other. Has anyone experienced this problem?

lancair360

Garmin doesn't allow you to send info to them from anything but another Garmin. You could wifi a flight plan from your iPad to the 355 but you would have to be using the Garmin pilot app and not ForeFlight.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

Garmin doesn't allow you to send info to them from anything but another Garmin. You could wifi a flight plan from your iPad to the 355 but you would have to be using the Garmin pilot app and not ForeFlight.
That's not correct. I have a Garmin GPS175 (the GPS part of the GNC355) and I can send flight plans from Foreflight on my iPhone/iPad to the 175 via bluetooth, as @Denok indicated. My friend with a GNX375 can do the same. The GNC355 (and the GTN650/750 series) are no different.

What I generally do is NOT hook up to the Skyview's WiFi, allow bluetooth to connect to the 175, send the plan to the 175, then connect to wifi and send the plan to the Skyview. Clunky. But doable all on the iPhone/iPad, without turning off either the Skyview HDX or the 175 - just use the settings in the i<device>.

But it certainly would be nice if Foreflight had the ability to choose between the two "panels", so you could do one or the other. I think the problem is Foreflight's, not Dynon's (or Garmin's). It can only send to whichever was the last thing it hooked up to.

JP JR

That's not correct. I have a Garmin GPS175 (the GPS part of the GNC355) and I can send flight plans from Foreflight on my iPhone/iPad to the 175 via bluetooth, as @Denok indicated. My friend with a GNX375 can do the same. The GNC355 (and the GTN650/750 series) are no different.

What I generally do is NOT hook up to the Skyview's WiFi, allow bluetooth to connect to the 175, send the plan to the 175, then connect to wifi and send the plan to the Skyview. Clunky. But doable all on the iPhone/iPad, without turning off either the Skyview HDX or the 175 - just use the settings in the i<device>.

But it certainly would be nice if Foreflight had the ability to choose between the two "panels", so you could do one or the other. I think the problem is Foreflight's, not Dynon's (or Garmin's). It can only send to whichever was the last thing it hooked up to.
I have a GNC355 and HDX and use this same process it works for me as well. But don’t try and reverse the process

Denok

This is really a bad way to operate because whenever you change your flight plan you have to manage connections (wifi and bluetooth) When you turn off bluetooth to connect to the 355 any updates to you flight plan will not be shown on Foreflight and vice versa, and if you turn off wifi, all your weather, adsb, nav, etc coming fron HDX will not be shown on Foreflight. FF needs to fix this..

JP JR

This is really a bad way to operate because whenever you change your flight plan you have to manage connections (wifi and bluetooth) When you turn off bluetooth to connect to the 355 any updates to you flight plan will not be shown on Foreflight and vice versa, and if you turn off wifi, all your weather, adsb, nav, etc coming fron HDX will not be shown on Foreflight. FF needs to fix this..
I agree but I really don’t use FF in flight anymore so just loading the initial flight plans on both devices is not a big deal. I normally load the flight plan to both but typically use the GNC355 as my primary navigation gps and keep the flight plan loaded in the HDX as a backup. Ether way anyone should be proficient at using the navigation instrument as the primary interface during flight especially during IFR flight.