Sending flight plans from Foreflight to HDX

Lon

I've just installed Dynon Wi-Fi Adapters in my HDX panels, and I've configured wi-fi in the Setup>Wi-Fi menu. The location of my plane shows in Foreflight on my Wi-Fi only iPad mini. And I'm able to download flight plans from my HDX to Foreflight by tapping the wi-fi icon at the top of the Foreflight screen. But I am not able to upload flight plans from Foreflight to the HDX. The window that opens when I tap the connect icon only gives me the option to "Load from Panel"-- not an option to upload to the panel. And when I tap the "Send To" icon in Foreflight, I get a window displaying several options, including "Passenger." But I do not get the "Panel" option that is shown in Dynon's video about how to use the HDX with Foreflight. Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong or not done at all?

RVDan

I love flying!
It seems routine that Foreflight won’t connect properly, if started prior to the Skyview network being fully operational. If Foreflight is running first, typically closing Foreflight, by double tapping the icon then swiping it off the screen, then reopening it works. Easiest thing is to not have Foreflight open before Skyview is running.

Lon

Thank you RVDan. I took your advice, and now Foreflight and Dynon communicate with one another perfectly. I was able to upload flight plans to my Dynon (which didn't work yesterday), as well as download plans from Dynon to Foreflight.

Your advice was especially valuable to me, because it was counter-intuitive. In my experience with desktop computers -- PCs and Macs -- it's better to connect peripherals before booting up the computer, so the computer can recognize the peripherals during the boot-up process. Also, yesterday my iPad and Foreflight were communicating with one another for a couple of purposes: showing my plane's position in Foreflight, and allowing me to download flight plans from the Dynon to Foreflight. Had it not been for your advice, it would have been a long time before I tried waiting to boot up Foreflight until after the Dynon was fully operational.

So thanks again.

RVDan

I love flying!
The really cool thing is that if you fly with another pilot who also has Foreflight in the airplane, you can share flight plans across the Foreflight platforms via the Skyview network.

PYoder

Interesting thread - I currently have a GNX375 and use Foreflight. Send to panel works flawlessly - and then a change on one is available as a change on the other - both ways. I’m now installing a complete Dynon HDX system - if I ‘send to panel’ - will it go to both the 375 and the Skyview?

cbennet12

Interesting thread - I currently have a GNX375 and use Foreflight. Send to panel works flawlessly - and then a change on one is available as a change on the other - both ways. I’m now installing a complete Dynon HDX system - if I ‘send to panel’ - will it go to both the 375 and the Skyview?
AFAIK you can only attach to one device at a time.