Seneca TIT vs EGT and EMS junctions

TheFruck

EGT vs TIT
Looking for a little guidance. Seneca III previously had no Engine Monitor, only single CHT and TIT. It does not appear that Dynon makes a TIT probe that will fit into the current TIT prom location (screw in). POH limitations suggest that max EGT at the Turbine Inlet Temp probe location is 1650. I have also read that small variations in EGT probe distances from the Cylinder can produce large differences in EGT between cylinders. If this is true, I question if utilizing newly installed Dynon EGT probes for max EGT reference. If EGT is greatly reduced between the cylinder and the Turbo as the exhaust flows, efficiency could be equally reduced if we limit to 1650 at the new probe location (at the cylinder vs at the Turbo. Ideally we would like to install a 7th probe in the current TIT probe location so that we can properly gauge the temp the Turbo is being subjected to. How is this accomplished by other turbo operators? Is it possible to display a 7th temp of the engine monitor page? What probe should be used for this?

Junctions:
There are a couple installation notes referencing not making a junction across a firewall. Specifically ensure "There is no temperature change across the connection between the junction that is created. For example, do not create a junction across the firewall." I am needing some more specifics here. The way I was considering routing my EGT probe wires would cause the front 4 cylinders armored cables to end inside the "high pressure side" of the engine baffle when routed along with spark plug wires. The 2 rear cylinders would junction from armored cable to thermocouple (brown) wire on the accessory side of the baffle. Is this the type of temperature change that is being referenced? Should all probe wire junctions for all 6 cylinders be collocated? If they aren’t will there be a difference in temperatures? I am just not understanding the meaning of this restriction.

Thanks,

--mick

ilateapex

My Seneca II Dynon system is using the factory TIT probe to get TIT reading.

All the junctions of probs to harness for each side are in one location on each side. Just behind the engine near the outer side cowlings.

Michael