serial port disconnect

searey429

With just a D100 without a GPS or SL30 connected to it does the yellow wire (pin 22) still have to be disconnected when downloading firmware updates?

PhantomPholly

It doesn't ever have to be "disconnected," just make sure that anything it is connected TO is turned off.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you don;t have a GPS or SL30, then there should not be anything connected to this pin, so there is nothing to disconnect.

searey429

OK thanks for the info. I may put a switch in anyway in case I ever do hook up a GPS etc.

s24789

It doesn't ever have to be "disconnected," just make sure that anything it is connected TO is turned off.

Ok I am geting ready to wire. I have a FlightDek 180 with 496 and SL-30. If I read this correctly I do not need a switch or db-9 that needs to be disconnected to do updates or downloads as long as the SL-30 and 496 are turned off for these operations. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Thanks
phelps :-?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dynon suggests you disconnect anything hooked to this wire when you do updates. Having two devices on this is not a great solution.

Some people have done what has been mentioned, which is to just turn off the 496 or SL-30, and it seems to work and doesn't seem to hurt anything, but it is not our recommended method, given that we do not know how the other devices work internally.