Servo installation in lancair 320

RichDenisar

For those whom may be interested, I installed sv32 servos in my lancair 320. One in the right wing, connected to the aileron bellcrank. the other behind the seat in the elevator push pull tunnel. I connected this servo directly to the push pull tube by attaching a bracket I designed to clamp on the push-pull tube and attach a pushpull tube from the servo to this bracket. In both cases I used the lowest hole on the servo arm. This allows less movement overall and adapts to the sensitivity of the lancair control system. I do not have the system fully functioning yet, however intial indications seem these settings are right on. I used 100% torque and I believe 8 or 10 on sensitivity for starters, and it is real close.

coryadams

I have a 360 and also installed the pitch servo behind the seat so that the arm was protruding through the wall that the elevator arm is housed within and attached the servo arm to the elevator arm as you did.

The aileron servo in my case is under the passenger seat and connects to the aileron assembly at the passenger side stick.