Servo Power pickup

vk3eod

Just installing the wiring in my J170. A question on the power pickup point for the servo. in the wiring diagram is states ' aircraft power' - is this the master bus, not the avionics bus as per the EFIS / AP74?

This would mean that power would be on the servo when the master comes on before engine start, and before the other components of the system that would come on after engine start with the avionics bus.

Also, the Voice output from the AP74, I have a 501 intercom and no audio panel. Does the voice output get paralled to the 2 radio audio inputs into the intercom on pin 13?

thanks,

Paul

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Either place is fine for power. All Dynon equipment can be on during engine start, or you can put it on the avionics master. You just don't want the servo to come on a lot later than the EFIS or you'll get an error until it's on.

I'm not familiar with the 501 intercom, but you cannot parallel the voice out from an HS34/AP74 and a radio. Your intercom needs to have separate inputs for a second radio, music player, or something in order for that to work.