Servos no longer in the network

BlueCH750

Low and Slow
Initial install..no problems. After a couple of engine starts and skyview database update attempt, I got a message about previously recognized skyview modules no recognized/found. Had to exit update, did a network config check and found that the servos were no longer listed and can not get them recognized despite a few attempts. Checked for volts across pinout 7 and 2 from the network cable. Have 4.5 volts, but fluctuating as low as 2.7 volts with just battery power on. Good power at the circuit breaker, no message on the PFD related to the A/P. Need some ideas please...thanks!

Dave

Raymo

I love aviation!
That voltage is very low. The AP servos must be fed 12v from ships power; they cannot be powered from the network.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
What Ray said: The servos need a lot more power than what SkyView Network can provide. They should have ships power that's broken out from the rest of the SkyView Network wires.

BlueCH750

Low and Slow
The servos are indeed wired thru a 5A C/B from the main bus bar. After reviewing my schematics I think I may have checked the wrong pins from the network cable. Will have another go tomorrow and see what I get. Thanks for the quick replies! :)

BlueCH750

Low and Slow
OK...problem fixed, catastrophe averted! Flip the switch to the A/P servo power and things work as expected!! ::)