Setup intercept radial

aubreypric

In the older software I could select a radial on the CDI. It has been replaced with altitude and airspeed. How do you setup an approach to intercept an inbould/ outbound radial or intercept an airway if you can't set the radial?

Aubrey Price
N600AP

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What VOR/ILS radio are you using?

We still let you choose an OBS/Course setting in all cases, but it works differently depending on what radio you have.

If you are seeing alt/airspeed, I bet you are in GPS mode, not VOR mode. Have you tried changing your NAV source? Is the needle on the screen green or magenta?

aubreypric

You are correct. I am using GPS. Can I not use the GPS and select a radial off the vor if I use the GPS to navigate to the VOR.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The AvMap does not support Virtual VOR, which is what you are asking for, and the Dynon has never supported this with anything except the 430/530/480 via ARINC-429.

Not sure what you think you saw in previous software, but we have never had this capability. Technically, the ability to do this is 100% inside the GPS unit, not the Dynon.

Brantel

You can however select a VOR as the active goto on any X96 Garmin and then go into the OBS and Hold mode on the handheld and select any radial you would like to track. Works like a charm on the Garmin but it is all done inside the handheld.

Your Avmap may have a similar mode??????