shipping status for skyview...

schristo

anyone receiving skyview components other than direct from dynon? so far the only thing that i have is the ems-220.

i have had a complete sykview system with a single 10 inch screen ordered through acs since the first week of the month... so far the status has remained as awaiting product or stock is overdue... any idea when these orders will be filled?

Ron_B

I just e-mailed ACS tonight to ask the same question. ACS had hoped to have their stock before the holidays.
Ron

n223rv

I ordered mine from Dynon, received it in about 2 weeks from order date.... I received the EFIS, engine module, b/u battery, ADHARS, GPS antenna, and a bunch of wiring.... Along with A/P servo mounts...
-Mike Kraus

legacy

I ordered my SkyView on Dec. 1st. Received it on the 15th (AHARS, Skyview, GPS, & Backup Batt.  Installed and flight tested on the 20th. Flew 1000nm on the 21st and 22nd.  The unit worked perfectly. :cool:

Jamie

I placed my order with "one of the largest dealers" back on 29/11/09, its now 1/1/10 ( Happy New Year ) and I still dont have anything. Oh well, it should turn up this year I guess ? :-?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Obviously, you do need to speak directly with any dealer to find out exactly where your order is. In most cases we get bulk orders from dealers and have no idea where they are supposed to be going, so it's impossible for us to comment on a specific order. I can say we didn't take orders from anyone, dealers included, until Dec 1, so an order before that didn't specifically get you on our list earlier.

There have been a few issues on our end getting SkyView systems out, so please do call them and ask, and they can pass the specific order details to us if for some reason we haven't shipped it. All we can really say in general is that we are shipping systems pretty much every day.

Ron_B

I called ACS two days before Christmas and was told it was too close to the holidays to check things out and to call back after the holidays and they would look into the order status. I realize I'm just speaking to an employee , but wow. I could understand a responce like "we will look into it and it might be after the holidays before we have an answer".
My question for Dynon was has Dynon made shipments to ACS ? I would summize that they have, as made by the statement sent out to dealers. I thought Dynon might be having trouble supplying there direct customers first.
We are going to cut our panel out using Dynon schematics tomorrow. Was hoping to heve the displays for positive fit.
Ron

Ron_B

We have customs to deal with . On our first two Dynon units we purchased direct. But brokerage in my opinion is outragous, so we purchased thru ACS and they have brokerage done in large volume and add the shipping advantage we can do better with ACS.

Jamie

Obviously, you do need to speak directly with any dealer to find out exactly where your order is.

I did that today, only to be told that they are "back ordered on some SV components" I dont have a good feeling about this. I also put down a large deposit, something else I should not have done. I understand its Xmas and New Years etc, but 6 weeks and I still have to get it to Australia. I hope no one else is in a hurry for skyview. :mad:

Ron_B

Our fuselage is now back from the paint shop, and today I cut out the panel using Dynon's measurements. I just hope they are accurate.I called ACS yesterday and the stated that they are expected this week. Tonight I notice if I add a D-1000 in the shopping card that the status shows west has them in stock. This was not so as of yesterday.

TRCsmith

I still think that buying direct from Dynon is the best & safest way unless as Ron stated you doing installs for customers.

Also keep calling about the back orders, they will get tired of you calling and may ship it faster. Other wise they will take care of their regular customers (the ones that order more than one at a time) first.

Good luck with your orders. ;)

Ron_B

I don't nave customers to deal with I have customs, as crossing the border.

pbennett

Jamie Aust, I see your post of 1/1. I suggest you look at sourcing Dynon product through Horsham Aviation Services. I ordered my SV on the same day as you and had it in my hands in Sydney two weeks later. They work in $US so you get the rate on the day of shipment, and they bulk up the orders so the freight is a real pleasant surprise. I found them a pleasure to deal with.

Peter

Jamie

Thanks Peter, however I have already put down a large deposit with my dealer in the USA. Its not the dealers fault Dynon doesnt have enough stock. If I dont get it sometime in the next week or two , then I will start to jumping up/down. That will make it 2 months since I placed my order, this is starting to hold me up on finishing things...... :-/

RobertHamilton

Staff member
Jamie,
Sorry you are having difficulty receiving your SkyView.  I will send you an private message to to obtain some more information, such as who your dealer is and what exact products you ordered. And then next week I can help figure out the status of your order. We don't have any control over how dealers prioritize their customers, but perhaps I can help figure out their situation.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing

sefg

We placed our order with ACS back in November and I spoke with them again today. I was informed that we were #1 on the backorder list and to date they have not received a single shipment from Dynon. We have had 3 shipment dates delayed to date.

Has anyone received anything from ACS?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
ACS has absolutely received equipment. Every one of our dealers that has placed an order with us has received at least one shipment. Every order placed on Dec 1st has shipped.

This is not to say we are totally caught up with all orders, but no dealer is waiting for their first shipment.

How a dealer splits up what they do get from us isn't up to us and we don't know how they do it. We started taking orders Dec 1 from individuals and dealers and we have been shipping in basically in order of the date the order was placed since then. Just like with individuals, we don't charge a dealer until a product ships.