shipping status for skyview...

sefg

While our project is not currently being delayed due to the delays with our Skyview system we have waited patiently most of last year waiting for this system. I spoke with Dynon directly in November, prior to placing my order, and was assured I would have product in hand by the new year. The conflicting information we are receiving as it relates to why our order has not been fulfilled is certainly not up to the standards we have experienced with both ACS and Dynon in the past.

schristo

i ordered a complete skyview system with a single 10" screen from acs and have received all but the adahars module and gps puck.

first throw of the master switch last night... plan to light up the dynon this weekend.

stephen

www.schristo.com

n223rv

Not sure I'd be bashing Dynon at all, seems like everyone who ordered thru Dynon (ie no middle man) happily has their units.... I ordered my D10, D180, and now Skyviews directly through Dynon and have never been disappointed....

Typically with a new product launch if you want it fast, don't go through a distributer if you can order it direct.....
-Mike

Ron_B

Still waiting, did recieve the D-1000 and secondary ADHARS, but that's all from a total dual system. Haven't heard of one direct order being delayed. You would think the distributers would not be pleased. My distributer (ACS) went above and beyond by giving me a full credit on a D180 (not opened), so I will stick with them. But I don't like being told that orders have been shipped in order they were recieved ( I could be mistaken with my observations, if so I apologize).
We are working on our avionics and wiring install everyday. But having to work in circles.

jakej

Ron B

To be fair - we were warned about delays & I have had a shipment done in 2 stages but the delays will get fixed IMO as my most recent order is complete .  

There are many manufacturers who have had delayed shipments over the recent past eg Garmin 430 - these were on b/o for months, it took me about 8 months to get an order for 6 filled.  A couple of years ago, or so, we had to wait a lot longer than that for the 2 1/4" Tru Trak ADI's.

BTW - not all distributors are slow. ;)

Jake J

dllang

What is the latest word on availability/shipping of Skyview systems?  I know there were backlogs in January but I wondered what the latest projections are now?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We're shipping units every day, but right now lead times are about 4 weeks from date of order.

FYI, We never charge before we ship a unit (even dealer orders).

Ron_B

I feel like the EverReady bunny. Still waiting still waiting. Order in at ACS mid December and still not complete.

n223rv

So cancel your order through Spruce and re-order through Dynon. I've ordered all my stuff directly through Dynon and it all has shipped faster than they committed.

Ron_B

Things appear simple. We purchased a D180 from ACS and returned it for a full 100% credit, BUT the credit was just put into effect recently(smart People) and has not been put against the first part of our order. The credit will almost cover the three remaining items and I don't feel like giving that away. ACS and I had an agreement that we would purchase the Skyviews from them if I returned the D180 and I will honor our agreement.
I've been dealing with Dynon since 2005 as we have two Super Cubs with dual screens in them. Had good service but I feel they are letting us down filling in orders directly when they cannot fill the orders previously placed by their distributers .
We are not flying so it's just a large inconvenience with the install as my help is now on it's way down south for about six weeks (build partners).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
In general, we do not fill orders out of order. We do not ship direct orders with any kind of priority. That is not our method and it would not be good for business in general. There are of course times that one order will skip another, but this generally has more to do with one ordering stuff that is all in stock vs. the other having backordered items. In at least one of the cases in this thread, the order wasn't sent to us until 6 weeks after the dealer received it from the customer, which means we had no idea the order existed (nor the money for it).

We're looking in to what orders we have outstanding with ACS and will get back to you. Of course, we can't directly link anything to a single order on ACS's end since they generally order from us in bulk.

RobertHamilton

Staff member
Ron,

I sent you a private email. If you let me know what SkyView parts are missing, I will work with Spruce to determine the status, and make sure you get them as soon as possible.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing  

jakej

Ron

You can order through me - and I'm "local" ;) All my customers orders have been filled without unexpected delays.

Jake J

South Aust.

Ron_B

This is my final post on this subject as I have finally recieved all the components in my order TODAY. It's been fun.
Ron