Show us your Skyview Panel!

RudiGreyling

I'm so proud of myself, so I thought I'd start this topic. Show us your Skyview Panel for ideas and inspiration for future fellow builders.

I'll start, my all amateur DIY home grown skyview panel for my RV10 saw first electrons just before Xmas 2011 and the smoke stayed inside.

Sub panel
fin_192.jpg

being populated
fin_193.jpg

done
fin_195.jpg

Closeup Left
fin_196.jpg

Closeup Right
fin_197.jpg

Feel free to take as many ideas as you can...Regards Rudi

rfazio1951

Here is my old one,

old%20panel1.jpg

and here is my new one. I feel like Ibrought the plane into the 21st century.

panel.jpg

woneill

Rudy -

Where did you get the neat iPhone case on the left side of the panel? :D

RV9APlane

Nice panels guys! Harry, what is the little bar for beneath the displays? Is it to steady your hand in flight while pushing soft keys? Also, who did your interior?

Harry

Nice panels guys! Harry, what is the little bar for beneath the displays? Is it to steady your hand in flight while pushing soft keys? Also, who did your interior?

Yep, that's what they are for.  I would definitely do them again if I did another panel.  They make it much easier to push buttons while flying in the bumps. My buddy calls them "towel racks" :) 

The interior is from Classic Aero Designs.  Good stuff and very comfortable! 

mmarien

Murray M.
You can also submit your panel here:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_customerpanels.html

Great idea to check other panels when designing a new one. I spent a lot of time looking at others before I settled on a design for mine.

ChrisDavid

I love flying!
Hi, this photo is near lake Chiemsee (Alps) 
Regards Chris

Attachments

• CIMG2725-1.jpg
    CIMG2725-1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 132
  • CIMG2738-1.jpg
    CIMG2738-1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 122

TRCsmith

I'm wondering if some of you with the over kill of screens ever look out side??http://dynonavionics.com/public_html/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/cheesy.gif

jakej

IMHO all that glitter keeps me from getting lost and banging into things so I have more time to look outside. :cool:

I agree and nobody said you HAVE TO look at the screens when VFR, that's why personally I'm not interesed in synthetic vis as well. :)

Jake J

ChrisDavid

I love flying!
Chris,

What software are you using on your Samsung?  Looks nice.

Hi Trev,
it is sky-map.de, i use it with the ICAO map and approach charts AIP now 40h in my Plane and i am happy with the dynon and samsung combination.

sorry, i can not post active link now.

Chris

mmarien

Murray M.
IMHO all that glitter keeps me from getting lost and banging into things so I have more time to look outside. :cool:

I agree and nobody said you HAVE TO look at the screens when VFR, that's why personally I'm not interesed in synthetic vis as well. :)

Jake J

I like to spend my time looking at the real stuff, but the synthetic vision does keep me between the big rocks and away from flying objects.

BigRocks.jpg