Skydemon Data Delivery

dublinpilot

I love flying!
Only the VFR charts are georeferenced in SD too.

And while their renewal costs might be lower (actually quite similar to a Dynon Data only sub from PFMS) their initial sub costs are significantly higher.

Steve_N

I don't know who told you that. I had one of Skydemon's georeferenced RNAV approaches demonstrated to me for my home airfield on an iPad only last week.
Here's a grainy screen capture from my PC.

skydemon.jpg

ALLANF

I love flying!
Just like to add my vote for SkyDemon on Skyview. It seems that SD is easily the most popular VRR app in the Uk and it would be great to be able to use it with my new SV system !

rogerabc

I love flying!
I am also a happy Sky Demon user and impressed by their excellent support and continued product development.

Strongly recommend Dynon to investigate the benefit of incorporating Sky Demon into Skyview.

Steve_N

It appears the fact Skydemon have Geo-referenced Instrument approach plates for my airport EGBJ was a fluke. Tim Dawson the Skydemon boss states below they won't be Geo-referencing any other IAPs :(

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic12836-3.aspx

RV9_Builder

I love flying!
Hello,

a Short Command to this Thread

a perfect EFIS System= Sky View (and all other Dynon Components)
a perfect Nav. Tool= Sky Demon..

the best Combination: Sky Demon in Sky View   :D

nice greetings from Austria
Manfred

AlanR

Yes.yes.yes. Add me to the number of pilots who would like to see a Skydemon Nav data option for us guys and gals here in Europe.

FSGOM

I love flying!
I see , my topic ist still up2date. :)

I hope dynon & Skydemon will find a solution. Would be great.
To be honest, the EasyVFR software is usable.

S5_aero

I love flying!
I think you all want are features from skydeamon on skyview not database itself. i would like that too. unfortunately in europe we don't have ads-b for weather and notams to implement to skyview it would be nice if dynon and perhaps skydeamon step together and think of something to bring notams and weather info from a USB stick or develop a wireless dongle to connect wirelessly to cell phone data and download these info in flight.

skydeamon database is not that widely covered, that means if you are flying cross country in europe you will soon hit no coverage area. at least this was the case few months ago when i was trying demo. also not all the small airfields are listed on map.

mostly covered area database is from jeppesen. but only with official airfields and not the small ones.

so i am using database from pocketfms and i like it, sometimes i find some deviations from correct information and when i do i send a message to their support and they fix it before next release and release it. i think if everybody that uses pocket fms should contribute like this, then the map would be perfect. i also sent some info of small airfields that they haven't had listed and that airfields were in their database at next release. great job.

pocket fms could only improve their plates updating software. they should develop a dedicated program for updating efb plates. with perhaps 1 button update of plates already on usb, so keeping it up to date would be easy and fast.
also they lack of coverage of africa.

FSGOM

I love flying!
I only wanna use one software for flightplanning and data delivery.

Both databases have sometimes errors but skydemon and easyvfr fix it very quick.

The skydemon software is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

ALLANF

I love flying!
Ide like to add my vote for SkyDemon with Skyview. SD seems to be easily the most widely used Vfr NAV program in the UK. I have also used it extensively throughout Western Europe and it has performed flawlessly.
Combination of SV and SD would be perfect.
If I was choosing an EFIS now I would be very tempted by the new G3X.
If SV supported SD then the decision would be SV without hesitation.

trevpond

Dynon,

Have you chaps had a good look at this most excellent program yet?

I don't know anyone at our strip who doesn't use it for Flight Planning and Pocket FMS isn't the easiest program to use, Skydemon is!

best regards as ever

Trev ;D ;D

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We've looked into SkyDemon and we're fans. Nothing to talk about at this point though in terms of any partnerships. Remember that even though SkyView is the most popular experimental and ultra/microlight EFIS system in the world, a lot of these companies serve the general pilot population, and are often much smaller than us. So as much as we'd all like to work with each other, sometimes it's hard to make it pencil. Please make sure to let them know your interest here too - they need to hear it from their customers too.

FSGOM

I love flying!
Great news guys!

So all customers pls contact Skydemon for this request:
http://www.skydemon.aero/contact.aspx

ASSO_V

I love flying!
Hi Dynon,
I will met them in Friedrichshafen in Germany during the Aero exhibition and talk about our wishes. :D

AlanR

We've looked into SkyDemon and we're fans. Nothing to talk about at this point though in terms of any partnerships. Remember that even though SkyView is the most popular experimental and ultra/microlight EFIS system in the world, a lot of these companies serve the general pilot population, and are often much smaller than us. So as much as we'd all like to work with each other, sometimes it's hard to make it pencil. Please make sure to let them know your interest here too - they need to hear it from their customers too.

It would be great if you could offer Skydemon on Skyview for us guys in the UK and Europe. I currently use Skydemon on a Nexus 7 and to have it on Skyview would be superb...Tim Dawson at Skydemon has his finger on the pulse and really does understand what the customer wants and needs from a navigation database. :)

trevpond

Hi Guys,

I've just got off the telephone with Rob at Skydemon.

It seems that they didn't know what we wanted and I told them the requirements as I saw them, i.e. the ability to both plan and use on autopilot using their aero and obstacle data.

He will talk with Dynon at Friedrichshafen and in the mean time will talk with Skydemon development team to see if our requirements can be met within our Skydemon user agreements.

He's going to let me know about further developments.

best regards

Trev ;D ;D

Rob_Hart

I love flying!
Hi All,

I just read through this thread, and I felt I needed try to highlight the sticking point for this development, at least from our point of view.

When I have discussed this matter in the past, it has not been clear whether it is only our data that is wanted, or if it was the mapping functionality that was also required.

Bear in mind that getting the actual mapping functionality (intelligent airspace clipping, feature layering, etc) would require the SkyDemon software actually running on the Skyview which would be a significant development task...

If it were only our data that was required then that's a bit different, but I am still a bit perplexed as to what PFMS's data is actually lacking. I know that we both probably have different processes for gathering and harvesting data, but largely, it all comes from the same source...

Perhaps its just the case that some of you already have a SkyDemon subscription and would simply prefer to use the data that you have already "licensed" through us?

Its great to get a better understanding of what your individual requirements are, so please feel free to use the SkyDemon contact form (shown upstream) to pass your thoughts to me. If you note "FAO Rob - Dynon" in the message then it should get to me. Alternatively, come see me at Friedrichshafen!

As you all know, I don't like making promises when it comes to future development work, and I wouldn't like to commit until we have established good business reasons for proceed, but your thoughts would be appreciated.