Skydemon

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
I just thought id put this on here in the hope that the right people might read this. Is there any chance that skydemon will be supported on the skyview system like foreflight is? Here in the UK everyone uses skydemon, myself included, and would love to plan my journeys etc and wirelessly transfer it to my skyview system. Many thanks Frank

aerofurb

You may have to change allegiance to PocketFMS:

http://www.pocketfms.com/Dynon/

We like! ;)

AlanR

Well I talked to both Dynon and Skydemon recently at Aero's Friedrichshafen about getting Skydemon on Skyview and I came to the personal conclusion that it ain't going to happen anytime soon, if ever!
I came away with the impression that whilst there is a willingness from Dynon to get an involvement/partnership going I also got the impression that Skydemon are protective, perhaps overprotective of what they have and are concerned that they would lose 'control' of what they have by opening up their data to a third party as they see it.
Shame really... Lets hope that my conclusion is wrong!:(

Rob_Hart

I love flying!
Hello all,

Since our positive conversations with Dynon during the Friedrichshafen Aero Show we have been given a demo Skyview and have been doing the first (and hopefully not last) round of integration work. The resulting beta (for android only - sadly its not as easy to make beta version available for iOS) can be downloaded from http://www.skydemon.aero/start/beta.aspx , and I would be very grateful for any feedback from you guys, particularly any bug reports with regard to the connectivity to Skyview. Dynon have already given it the once over, but as we all know, its the field testing which is the most valuable.

To summarise, we have started with the basics:

- Connecting SkyDemon to the Skyview via wifi
- Pushing SkyDemon route files to the Skyview (via the "Route" menu) while connected
- Using the Skyview GPS to drive SkyDemon in "Go Flying" mode - Within SkyDemon, tap "Setup" > "Connectivity Options" and specify that you have a Skyview. Then, when pressing "Go Flying" you should see the option to use the Skyview as GPS source.

Its worth noting that this feature set is still considered in the prototype phase so its not guaranteed that it will make it into general release - feedback is crucial at this point. I will aim to monitor this thread for any feedback, but please feel free to also comment on our own forum thread http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16216.aspx or by email direct to rob(at)skydemon.aero

trevpond

Hi Guys,

Just received the following from Sky Demon:

We have successfully prototyped integration with Dynon SkyView. This means you can connect SkyDemon to your wifi-equipped SkyView installation. Once connected, SkyDemon navigation is driven by the GPS output from your Dynon and you can quickly transmit your flightplan from SkyDemon to the SkyView. For a lot of people with permit aircraft, this will mean your autopilot can now effectively be driven from your SkyDemon flightplan.

If you’d like to see this feature added to SkyDemon please respond and let us know. We need to know more about what you’d like to see from a SkyDemon-SkyView integration.

So, please respond direct to Skydemon to enable them, and Dynon to make it happen.

best regards

Trev ;D ;D

Rob_Hart

I love flying!
Hello chaps,

As Trev notes, we have pushed out a newsletter which we were hoping would stimulate a bit of feedback from Skyview users. We really need reports as to how the functionality is operating in the field, and while we have had several follow up emails asking for SkyDemon data in to be used in Skyview, we really cant start thinking about that until we have confirmed that the initial connectivity work is locked down.

Furthermore, if we don't get any feedback on this at all then the Skyview connectivity will not be included in the next general release...

I strongly encourage any of you who run SkyDemon on android to download the beta (link in my post above) to try connecting to your Skyview and report back any connectivity problems or error messages, either here, our own forums, or direct to me by email

Steve_N

This cooperation between Skydemon and Dynon is very encouraging. Thank you for the efforts of both companies. :)

FSGOM

I love flying!
GREAT NEWS !!!!

Just tested works but with a bug ! @ROB: send you the issue by email

Thanks 2 Dynon and Skyview

AlanR

Furthermore, if we don't get any feedback on this at all then the Skyview connectivity will not be included in the next general release...

Yes Rob loads of us want Skydemon but we can't give you feedback until you put it on iOS format!
This is the reason you are not getting any response! :)

Rob_Hart

I love flying!
Chaps,

We will not be including the Skyview connectivity in the next major release, since we need more data-points, and the few bits of feedback we have received over the weekend have highlighted some possible bugs that need to be investigated.

Sadly we cant make a public beta available for iOS due to the way Apple have set their system up. If it is the case that most Skyview users require iOS then this poses a problem... How do we generate enough feedback to get the functionality out of the testing phase?

I would ask that anyone here who only uses iOS to see if they can recruit a friend with an android tablet to test the beta with their Skyview. Failing that it would be great to get an idea of just how many guys fall into the "iOS only" category - a quick reply here saying "just iOS for me" will allow me to get an idea of how many guys would love to try it, but cant.

FSGOM

I love flying!
@Dynon: I've tested the WIFI Transfer to SKYVIEW with the beta of SKYDEMON Android V: 31.07.2015. Is skyview creating the names? see picture (Uppercase, WPT07, difference in user waypoints TESTxxx)

@Skydemon: same to you

Works fine now, but only with these little differences , maybe it can be fixed to one standard.

Attachments

• usb-wifi-fpltransfer.png
    usb-wifi-fpltransfer.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 115

Tango_Siera

I love flying!
I note with huge interest but I have not caught up yet as to where we are. I initially asked Dynon the question about Skydemon some years ago as it was, in my opinion, going to become the best of the bunch. I now see great momentum building in our community that may convince Dynon (if not yet fully convinced) to allow the loading of all things Skydemon. Thanks guys for bringing this to high vis and by the time I have to load later this year I hope to be able to select what is in reality the best of the bunch.

FSGOM

I love flying!
@DYNON: Tested the WIFI FLP transfer with the latest Skydemon IOS Version and V13.0.3 and there ist still the error postet in my reply#16.

After rebooting the Skyview it's fine.

Maybe this procedure isn't handled when a flightplan is recived via WIFI.

david.perl

I love flying!
i would love to be able to load the european skydemon maps into SV instead of having to pay for another subscription to Pocket FMS. I run my skydemon on an ipad as further backup to the SV map system, its streets ahead of pocket FMS IMHO.