Skyview 1100 Display - Map Scale Knob Partially Inoperative

mikemalone

I love flying!
I suspect the right side knob of my Skyview 1100 Display has lost part of its function. It appears that when I push the knob that function works. However, when I try and rotate the knob, nothing happens. It means I can't change numbers or letters, scale settings etc.. Any ideas?

Last edited:

PaulSS

I love flying!
When I was 'playing' with my HDX (setting it all up after initial installation) the aircraft battery got a bit low and I lost some of the touch screen functions and, I think, some of the knob functions. There seemed to be some sort of minor 'brown out' that reduced some of the capabilities of the HDX. Try making sure your battery is fully charged (or start the engine) and see if that makes any difference. The engine running certainly worked for me and I've had no problems since.

mikemalone

I love flying!
When I was 'playing' with my HDX (setting it all up after initial installation) the aircraft battery got a bit low and I lost some of the touch screen functions and, I think, some of the knob functions. There seemed to be some sort of minor 'brown out' that reduced some of the capabilities of the HDX. Try making sure your battery is fully charged (or start the engine) and see if that makes any difference. The engine running certainly worked for me and I've had no problems since.
Thanks for that. The battery could have been a bit low with all the configuration I was doing today.