SkyView 2.5 Released!

Ron_B

Great, just recieved the rf filters yesterday they cured that problem . Thanks. When do you expect the USB cables so we can upload the 2.5 version?
Ron

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can also just plug a USB stick right into the back of the screen if you can get back there easily.

akflyer

Speaking of USB Ports, it would sure be nice if Dynon would make a USB cable available that would connect to the USB port on the back of the screen and the other end a female port that would mount on the front of the instrument panel. That would sure make up loads much easier....

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Are you aware SkyView comes with a 3' USB cable wired in, it just doesn't have the panel mount part? Most people just hide it under the panel somewhere. It's built in to the D37 and doesn't use up one of the two ports in the back. We don't expect people to use the ports on the back in normal use.

We didn't do it panel mount because not everyone wants to mount on the panel and use up that space. But you can just buy one yourself for $10 or less.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP45643933.htm?utm_medium=productsearch&utm_source=google

schristo

in an rv with a tip up canopy the two ports on the back are easily accessible

pksgwfac6v

I went to download version 2.0 yesterday - saw it there on your site - went to get my stick, and it was gone; replace by 2.5. :-? Do I need to download and install 2.0 before I install 2.5? If so, where do I find 2.0? I've look everywhere.

HiGeez

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You do not need to install 2.0 before 2.5. With all Dynon software you can go from any version up to any other version.

RV6ARoger

From my perspective, if you ever make a hardware modification to the bezel or pushbuttons in the future, it would be a great idea to put one of the USB ports out the front of the unit and just cover it with a small rubber plug. That would be the perfect situation, if possible. I am not thrilled about having a cable under the panel that has to hang down for uploads. It would save the cost of the cable on future units, too.

Just my opinion and offering an improvement for a future version of the unit. This is a great unit, so improving everything is a good idea.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We avoided this because by definition, it would make the unit take up more panel space. There is not internal room in the space we used to put a USB port on the front. We believe that customers want something that is as small as possible for a given screen.

Also, if you have the USB on the front, the USB stick will stick out 1-2 inches. People already damage knobs getting in and out of planes, and tearing off a usb stick would be even worse.

We figured the cable allowed a good mix- some people just hide it, and some people can panel mount it if they want.

keye

For ten dollars or less, Dynon could include the panel mount USB cable extension with their cable assemblies and save everyone the headache of sourcing and waiting for another unanticipated part to arrive. http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP45643933.htm?utm_medium=productsearch&utm_source=google ;)

originalbadbob

I bought a panel mount before I ordered the Skyview thinking I would not have easy access to the back in my Sonex and I didn't know it had one built in. I just plugged in the panel mount into the existing cable and tied it all up out of the way.

mmarien

Murray M.
I agree with Dynon in not cluttering the display with *everything*. The USB ports on the back and the one in the harness allow the user to mount it anywhere. I had the manuals when I ordered so I designed a spot on the panel for the USB plug.

usb.JPG

BTW Dynon. Great new features in the upgrade. I see from the FIND and NEAREST functions that popup windows work well and that the DUP file format is a great way to enter data (user waypoints). Are we going to see check lists or weight and balance implemented like this in the near future. They could popup over the PDF screen as we don't need it on the ground while we're running through those tasks.

DjAg5dosk2

2.5 worked well on my F1 Rocket. I did have one boot error (Red X PFD fail) solved by a reboot and new nav, obs, and sensor file updates. All works well. The fuel computer is a real problem solver.

Final thought, the synthetic runway is wild. I pulled onto RW22 at KNQA and there is a painted runway on my PFD! Absolutely crazy.

Best
Howard