SkyView 3.0 Is Released

RobertHamilton

Staff member
SkyView 3.0 is Released. You may go to our Website and read about the changes, download the software, and purchase SV-GPS-270 if you wish.

The new features include:
* SV-MAP-270.
* Worldwide Jeppsen NavData and Obstacles.
* Large HSI display.
* A G-Meter!
* New Ethernet connection for synchronizing data uploads.
* See the release notes for a complete list.

A few things to consider:
* If you have more than one display, you should add an Ethernet connection between your displays (not absolutely required, but it will allow you to upload databases to only one display, and have it automatically synchronize to the other display.) An aircraft grade Ethernet cable can be purchased from Dynon.
* You can purchase SV-MAP-270 immediately, or try it out with a 30 flight hour free trial.
* Jeppesen NavData and Obstacle data is now available worldwide.
* Jeppesen is offering a Half-Price Deal on an annual subscription, only until May 15, 2011. Be sure to mention promotion code DY50N011.  

trevpond

Hi,

Been on the Jeppesen site, no reference to Dynon Skyview on supported equipment.

Are they updating to show Skyview so we can download.

regards

Trevor

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You must call Jeppesen to update a SkyView, which is why we list the phone numbers on our site. This is true for all companies of our size.

They can do it today, even if they don't list us on the website yet.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I have 3 10" SV displays.  What ethernet switch are you recommending?

We're still testing switches as we have found some incompatibilities. Ethernet is not required today, it just makes life easier. Today we recommend hooking two of your screens together with Ethernet, and then loading databases on the third manually. We'll have a recommendation shortly.

cbennet12

Re: SkyView 3.0 Is Released - Manuals

Hi,

Very excited about 3.0.  My question is in relation to the installation/user manuals.  How about publishing the updated page numbers of even an addendum version?  I hate to kill another tree re-printing complete copies of both manuals.   ::)

Thanks!

:)

Hi,
I have two 10" screens. Should I connect them with an ethernet cable just to download stuff or leave them connected all the time?
No switch, just a cable?
Thanks,
Larry

ploucandco

OK guys!
I had expected multiple waypoints in a flightplan (at least), panning and full integration with a 430 (the cherry on the cake) in order to run to my avionics shop and directly purchase a full blown Skyview system. Anyway, now you offer full support for the ROTAX914 and Jeppesen database, so I may not complain :)
Waiting for the next weeks for the subsequent release... and hope I will be motivated to run!

So keep up the good work :)

Jacques.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You should permanently install an Ethernet cable between them. There's no need to ever disconnect it, and if you only have two screens, no switch/hub is needed. It can be a crossover or non-crossover.

jbeaver

Any chance of a new 3.0 SkyView Feature Video?

Also, I noticed the install manual states that displays can be purchased with and without a synthetic vision license, but I didn't see any information about this anywhere else on the site. Is that bundled with all displays at the current price, or does this need to be purchased on top of the existing prices like the mapping software?

thanks,

jason
http://www.jasonbeaver.com/rv7

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Craig: not a bad idea - we'll consider it for future releases, but probably won't update this rev's manuals. There is a change log at the front that talks about what changed, if you haven't seen that. It just doesn't have page numbers.

oddbjorn.brungot

We are owners of a Defiant twin, and we are now just doing the installation of two separate SkyView systems, one monitoring rear engine and one monitoring front engine. With the release of 3.0, can we use an ethernet cable between these two separeted systems to share databases, or will that result in something we do not want, like a crash or something else?

Thanks
odd

Jamie

Hi Tervor,
When you get it working, could you post here, what you had to do please.
jamie

Hi,

Been on the Jeppesen site, no reference to Dynon Skyview on supported equipment.

Are they updating to show Skyview so we can download.

regards

Trevor

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Jason:
SynVis is part of all SkyViews sold until now. If you bought before today, you have it no matter if you buy the map or not. It will show up licensed on the screen info page.

From here on out, a SkyView can be ordered without SynVis. This will shave $100 off the price of SkyView. The price is not going up, it's going down without SynVis. SynVis is per screen and is not shared across the network.

Odd,
Ethernet only works if the SkyViews are on the same Skyview Network, so if all you connect is Ethernet, nothing bad will happen, but no data will be shared.

n223rv

I tried to download the Very Low-Res Terrain Database for 3.0 and got an error on ftp site. Is the link directed properly. It took me here and it said bad page:

ftp://ftp.dynonavionics.com/reg-worldwide-very-low-res-terrain.dup

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The file is definitely there. Try right clicking and using "save target as..." or similar, depending on your browser.

Jonas

I had that happen too, then I switched web browsers and it worked ok.

tobb

Since 3.0 i cant get my google earth user waypoints to work anymore, it worked perfectly in 2.6. After i installed 3.0, the user waypoints had disappeared so i installed them again, but it didnt work. So i looked through the skyview 3.0 manual and found that USR export utility has been updated to work with 3.0. So clicked on the link which led me to dynon wiki and downloaded the new USR export utility. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new USR export utility. I  exported my waypoints and loaded them into my skyview and the waypoints didnt show up this time either. so i entered the skyview menu/installed databases. and it said:
"Dynon mkdata (always - forever ): google earth (wrong ver"
even though i have installed the new USR export utility. I repeated the above procedure again with same results, no user waypoints. I checked the details on the Dynon USR export executable file and it said version 1.0.0.1 ,created july 2010. So i think that the skyview 3.0 manual or Dynon wiki refers to the old USR export utility download link.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
tobb: I think we may have forgotten to update the tool on the wiki. Looking into it...

lacy311: There's a section in the Pilot User Guide that describes HSI functions, but assuming that SkyView's Navigation Mapping Software has a waypoint, OR you have an external GPS/NAV radio feeding data it, it's under PFD>NAVSRC to cycle through the available sources.