Skyview and EMS

cessnadriver850

I love flying!
I am getting ready to add the EMS unit to my skyview. I have an older Contenital A-65 motor which will not accept the bayonet CHT probes. What ring probe (spark plug) will work with the EMS? Looks like they cost about $90 each and I have no use for the bayonet ones that come in the kit. Are you ever going to offer the ring probes for the rest of us with antique engines?

ned

I love flying!
You can purchase CHT rings or probes and EGT probes from The Sensor Connection. They will cut custom length at no extra charge. Quick shipping and good customer service.

cessnadriver850

I love flying!
Thanks for the info. Went to that site but their catalog does not list the CHT rings for the real spark plugs used in real aircraft motors i.e. 18 mm. Not to mention the additional $140 ($35 each) and I still would have the bayonet sensors left over. Just a bummer. :-/

swatson999

Would these not work?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/integra6724_02h8.php?clickkey=4244

cessnadriver850

I love flying!
Yep those would work and not the $80 ea. that I saw in my A/C Spruce catalog. Guess I need to get a new one. Need to place an order for some prop bolts anyway. Thanks, MG