Skyview audio out connections

mikehoover

On the 37-pin connector for the Skyview there are pins for audio left, audio right, and ground (pins 13, 31 and 30). I understand that the functionality is forthcoming amd want to plan for it. I have two unswitched audio inputs to my PS-Engineering PAR100 EX audio panel/comm/intercom unit. Should I connect the left and right audio wires from the Skyview together to the unswitched audio hi, and the Skyview ground (pin 30) to the unswitched lo? The PAR100EX unswitched audio inputs only have two wires each.

sandaville

It sounds like your audio panel only accepts mono on the unswitched inputs. The SV install manual says to wire this as you suggest. But I think I remember reading that you should not connect these audio lines as yet because you may get unwanted noise to your audio system. If you are a way off flying you may want to connect them anyway and hopefully Dynon will have enabled this functionality by the time you need it. Other builders have the wires installed but have them capped off ready to connect. 

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Because the undriven audio wires in SkyView can produce audio artifact at the moments since audio isn't implemented, we don't currently recommend making any connections from the SkyView display at the moment.

In the future, though, your proposal would be correct. You'd tie the two sides of stereo together into a mono input.

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
Since this thread is from 2011 I thought I would ask the question as many firmware upgrades have happened since. I am wiring in 2 screens and want to know would I put left and right together and the gnd (pin 30) to lo from one screen to one set of un switched audio input and the same from the other screen to ANOTHER un switched input on my pma8000bt OR put all audio wires together (pins 13x2 & 31x2) to one un switched audio input and then gnd (pin 30 x2) to lo side of the un switched audio input?

Hope all makes sense.

Many thanks frank