SkyView Autopilot Control Panel buttons getting slow/sticky

DCBrown198

My horizontal Autopilot Control Panel buttons seem to be getting a bit sticky / unresponsive. Sometimes I have to press quite hard to get a mode engaged, or I have to hold for a longer time to get the desired change (e.g. a change in VS). My unit is approximately 4 years old.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas to remedy?

David

ned

I love flying!
I am having the same issue with a vertical unit 5 years. Also, I absolutely hate the button holding time delay for release
of an engaged selection.

Last edited:

Marc_J._Zeitlin

My horizontal Autopilot Control Panel buttons seem to be getting a bit sticky / unresponsive. Sometimes I have to press quite hard to get a mode engaged, or I have to hold for a longer time to get the desired change (e.g. a change in VS). My unit is approximately 4 years old.
Interesting. I've started having the same issues - about the same age, too. Works great, but never know if a button press it going to take or not...

RV6-KPTW

Me three. I have not thought that the button response was slow but maybe it is this rather than a poor contact.

I have gotten better at tapping on the screen to bring up the autopilot interface when needed.

AlanR

There is a mandatory SB on the Autopilot Control Panel for older Autopilot Control panel units manufactured before 06/17. Maybe if your unit is one of these earlier panel units the buttons sticking is also one of the issues for the SB?

Marc_J._Zeitlin

There is a mandatory SB on the Autopilot Control Panel for older Autopilot Control panel units manufactured before 06/17. Maybe if your unit is one of these earlier panel units the buttons sticking is also one of the issues for the SB?
Nope - bought mine in 2020 - as I said, it's 4 years old.

Rhino

The SB on the Autopilot Control Panel isn't for sticky buttons.

TrevorMills

The buttons have always been slow to respond, sometimes needing a second or third press before activating. Thought it was because I hadn't selected the right mode but it always works using the screen buttons.

Yesterday I pushed the 'Source' button and it didn't seem to come back out properly.

I purchased mine in 2019 so 5 years old now.

Probably need to send back to Dynon like I did with the HDX screens to get a fix.