Skyview backup battery

petep

I love flying!
Has there been a lot of defective backup batteries lately? I am on my second failed battery since last June. Batteries initially seems OK and passes test but then will slowly stop charging and finally die. Acts like one or more of the LI batteries quits taking a charge. Doesn't seem to act as if the problem is in the SV1000. At nearly $200 each I don't want to purchase another if it will only last a few months. :-/

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We did find a bug in the way SkyView reports the voltage of its backup battery (and in preparation for conducting the automated test). We will release that update as soon as possible. However, the v14.0.x.xxxx screen freeze (and related) issues are our top priority at the moment, thus this issue is secondary to that.

SV-BAT-320 and the battery for our earlier products (P/N 100096-000) are warrantied for 3 years, so you'll never be in the situation where you're having to buy a new battery every "few months".

If you'd like more information, please contact our Technical Support group - support AT dynonavionics DOT com for more individual assistance.

Has there been a lot of defective backup batteries lately?  I am on my second failed battery since last June. Batteries initially seems OK and passes test but then will slowly stop charging and finally die. Acts like one or more of the LI batteries quits taking a charge. Doesn't seem to act as if the problem is in the SV1000. At nearly $200 each I don't want to purchase another if it will only last a few months. :-/

dlloyd

Ah! And a new backup battery has been on my to-buy list for weeks. Maybe hold off until this gets sorted out. Also hold off on that GPS-2020. And flying IFR. And....

namtao

I love flying!
Can anyone tell me what the minimum allowable voltage during the 45 minute test is ??, in other words, if the 45 minutes have not elapsed, and the voltage drops to some level, the test fails.
what is that voltage ?.

Tom O.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Only a guess but I would think 9 to 10 volts would be failing since the display needs that or more to stay on.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If the battery can power the display for 45 minutes before SkyView shuts off, it will record as having passed. SkyView shuts down at 9V, so that's also the voltage the battery will be at if the test fails and the display shuts off.