skyview blue screen

ghv2000

I love flying!
I've got a skyview SV-D1000 and after 15 /20 minutes the screen becomes blue with vertical stripes .waiting a few minutes with the power off and turning the unit back on everything goes back to normal, after 15/20 minutes blue screen again
Any help

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So this does sound like a hardware problem. But, just to be sure, is this display running firmware version 3.2?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
One thing to try here, by the way: Does this happen only in flight / with the engine running? Can you turn on your display in the hangar (with the engine off, with the master on) for that same amount of time to see if that triggers the same behavior?

RV8Driver

Same problem here, but it is intermittent. Doesn't matter whether engine is running or not. It does it on the backup battery after shutdown too. I'm running 3.2 and I just had my first flight with the Dynon skyview today. Sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes a reboot is necesary. It never has done this while running 3.1 for tests and calibrations on the ground. This unit went back to Dynon out of the box for a black screen on the first bench test. Something about a diode replacement for power spikes on initial power up.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So RV8Driver - sometimes, 20 minutes after power on, your display will die, basically? And it's new since upgrading to 3.2. Is that right?

RV8Driver

That is correct, but like I said it is intermittent. I flew it for the first time for about 45 minutes last week and had no problems. The next day, I had it on for about an hour on the ground to calibrate my fuel levels and no problems. Yesterday I flew, and after about an hour, the screen filled with vertical blue and green lines and was unreadable. I did the button 1-2-5 reboot and everything came back fine for the remainder of the flight (15 minutes).
By the way, all my experience with 3.1 (no problems) has been strictly installed on the ground and the bench. By the time it was ready to fly, I had updated to 3.2.
Any ideas as to the problem? I see through other post topics besides this one that this is happening to more and more people.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I can't say that other than the other poster in this thread that we've had multiple reports of this sort of issue (but please clue us back in if we're missing it). But regardless, we should probably have your unit back for a look to see if we can see what you are seeing.