Skyview Boot Problem

We do have some known corner cases in SkyView's boot processes. We have done a lot of research into this and have applied significant changes for 2.6, that help a lot in our test cases.

2.6 should be out in a few weeks. We'd ask that you wait for this update and then keep an eye on your unit. If you still have problems after that, we'll probably want to see it.
 
Just received my SV this week, and started bench testing. Tonight, saw this error message once, removed power and reapplied and it booted fine. I'll chalk it up to noisy power application or something like that for now, but if I see it again, I'll let you know.

Other than that, everything looks beautiful! ADAHRS working fine, EMS detected (no sensors installed yet, of course) and all the displays look terrific!

Steve
 
I had a problem with the battery relay not working initially but finally powered on. After I started the aircraft the Skyview went to the download mode and stayed there for the remainder of the flight. After shutting down the engine and turned battery off it continued to stay on the download screen for about 30minutes. I took the screen out of the panel and disconnected the plugs in the rear and then it came on normally. I have the battery back up and assume that was powering the unit.
 
Did you happen to jot down the exact message you were seeing when it was in download mode? It sounds like part of the system was trying to update itself, but that should only happen if something new was connected to the system, or if some prior update didn't finish completely.
 
Back
Top