Skyview Classic knob intermittant

mr.sun

After quite a few years of enjoyable flights in my RV7 behind dual Skyviews, the knob on the pilot's side has become goofy. The twisting function in intermittant when I wish to change the Heading, baro setting or anything else requiring the twisting motion. Pan and push work fine. It is getting worse and now I need to reach over and change these items on the passenger screen.

Is this a dirty pot issue? Can I spray in some contact cleaner?

jakej

Contact Dynon Support, it's normally a damaged knob issue. Don't use contact cleaner least you create a bigger problem.

mr.sun

They want $450. Any chance I can find another potiometer that would work?

mr.sun

In my RV7, I have two SV-1000 classic Skyviews. The pilot side has the intermittant knob issue. Obviously it gets used the most.

If I swap sides and install the seldom used co-pilot Skyview on the other side, is there any software changes that I'd need to update?

Or do both Skyviews operate 100% independant? I do load the updates on the pilot side. They automatically sync the other display.

Maybe I should just swap displays and go another ten years the way it is.....

mr.sun

I have intermittant operation of right hand knob on my SV-1000, serial # 002524. It is a re-manufactured Skyview I was sent after the original Skyview failed. The push button function works, the skewing sideways of the knob works but the rotating function is working less and less often now. I can still feel the "clicks" though. If I push the knob sideways, rotate it a bit, it will sometimes start working again.