Skyview compatibility with TruTrak

BBGLASAIR

Any new information on whether Skyview will drive a TruTrak Digiflight II?  I believe Dynon has supplied T/T some time ago with the required info to enable this.  Thank you  BrianB

nickbogner

Brian,

There is news. Several months ago (currently available) we released standard NMEA output specifically to support TruTrak interfacing in a way that a 396/496 would. So that means, our flight plan / DriectTo can be followed by the TT autopilot just like it can follow the x96 product using the NMEA output.

What we don't do is "full" integration where you can enable, disable and configure the autopilot from the EFIS. That is a lot more work and just isn't something Dynon can do in light of other features we are working hard to bring to our customers.

Nick

BBGLASAIR

Thanks Nick. That's good news for me, as the Flight Plan/Direct To function is what I was looking for, at least at this stage. Rgds.. BB

BBGLASAIR

Where's the best position to tie into the SV-250 GPS line in order to feed the signal to the TruTrak A/P?  Between the puck and the SV display, or from the D37 plug?    I take it that I would use the GPS TX line Pin 11?      
Thank you  BrianB

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Where's the best position to tie into the SV-250 GPS line in order to feed the signal to the TruTrak A/P?  Between the puck and the SV display, or from the D37 plug?    I take it that I would use the GPS TX line Pin 11?      
Thank you  BrianB

BrianB:

You would use one of the SkyView display's serial outputs - Pin 4 (SER1 TX), Pin 6 (SER2 TX), Pin 8 (SER3 TX), or Pin 10 (SER4 TX). Set that output to NMEA OUT (BASIC) or NMEA (FULL). Remember that if you have multiple SkyView displays, both display's serial outputs have to be configured the same and the lines connected together.