SkyView Fault prompt: DATA 2 PAIR (PINS 4 & 8)

FreddytheK

I love flying!
Looking for suggestions to solve glitch...what follows is email thread w/ Dynon Tech Support and my response (indented) to their suggestions:

Might this “FAULT - DATA 2 PAIR (PINS 4 & 8)” be traced to a pair of wires coming from the DSub37 harness?…If so, can you identify which wires they would be so I can trace them?

Gentlepeople…please read indented comments below…Fred

On Jun 9, 2017, at 4:58 PM, Dynon General Support <info@dynonavionics.com> wrote:

Here are a couple suggestions:
1. It is possible that the Com Panel is the culprit. Try only hooking up the ADAHRS network cable and disconnect the cable going to the Com Panel.

I have disconnected both D9 plugs from the D700 display…(one went to my SV-HUB, and the other went direct to the COM).

2. Remove the ADAHRS and try connecting it to the display with another cable.

I have disconnected the ADAHRS cable from the ADAHRS module.

I have now connected the ADAHRS module direct to the D700 display using the Dynon-provided service test cable.

The screen shot below is what I now see on the D700 display.

I note that the yellow caution for the DATA 2 PAIR (PINS 4 & 8) has now moved from the ADAHRS to the SV-DISPLAY.

After seeing this display, I disconnected the Dynon-provided service test cable from the D700 and reconnected it to the other D9 receptacle, went back to CONFIGURE, hit DETECT, and the same yellow caution appeared just below the line item for the SV-D700.

From this, I would infer that the problem of the DATA 2 PAIR does not lie in the ADAHRS module or cable.

Please advise…F.

If you still have problems then I think the ADAHRS might have an internal problem with that DSAB port.

Regards,

screenshot-N19417XS- (shows yellow prompt below "SV DISPLAY" stating "SV network connection fault - data 2 pair (pins 4 & 8)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That warning is specific to the SkyView Network D9 connectors, and can not be caused by an issue in the D37 harness. It means that somewhere along the route of that wires, one of pins 4 and 8 is disconnected, or shorted together, or shorted to ground or power. The SkyView Network Status page in SkyView will show that error at whatever device(s) are detecting the issue, so you can use that to narrow down where the issue is. It is also possible a damaged device could cause this. Unplugging devices until the error goes away would determine this.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think you've also sent us pictures via email, which confirms what our support team initially believed: It sounds like the problem is in the ADAHRS. We'll need to see that here to confirm and repair. Get in touch with our team so that we can help you close the loop on this, either via support at dynonavionics dot com or 425-402-0433.