SkyView HDX and IFD 540 OBS configuration RV 10

WIDGEONGULLY

We have an issue when using IFD540 in OBS mode, course selection only available with the IFD OBS knob.
I assume course selection should be available from HDX? The IFD OBS course when set changes erratically to 270, 180, or 90!
This is random behavior! To eliminate any configuration issues does any body have 'standard 'config settings for
HDX and IFD setup. VOR / CDI and course setting working.

WIDGEONGULLY

I have reached out to Dynon, for advice. As we have a combination ( HDX and IFD ) which will be more popular as the certified market
increases I am a little surprised there isn't more tech help. Avidyne only available through their dealers... not a lot of help when your out
in the bush! Where as a friend with a Garmin 1000 says their service to the Exp sector is fanatstic.

WIDGEONGULLY

Thank you David there could be something amiss in our configuration which we will revisit. Flew today, with the IFD OBS driving the Dynon AP no problems held the courses as selected. But without the AP engaged randomly jumped to cardinal points.

Flying_Monkey

In my Avidyne/Dynon certified setup it works as it should - the Dynon CRS selection changes the OBS on the IFD540. It definitely can work like this so there must be a setting or wiring thing going on with your installation? I can try to help by relaying any settings you want me to check on either device...