Skyview HDX data recording

wbhammack

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a RV-8 that has 2 Dynon HDX Touch screens and I've got a rookie question. Can I leave thumb drives plugged in during a flight and record the data from the flight? If so, any recommendations on the easiest way to review the data?

airguy

It doesn't record to the drive automatically, but you can download the User Logs to the drive at the end of the flight to capture all the data. How much data and how far back depends on your settings - as fast as 16 times per second will record the last 2 hours of data, at once every 10 seconds you'll get the last 150 hours of data. See section 26 of the installation manual.

wbhammack

It doesn't record to the drive automatically, but you can download the User Logs to the drive at the end of the flight to capture all the data. How much data and how far back depends on your settings - as fast as 16 times per second will record the last 2 hours of data, at once every 10 seconds you'll get the last 150 hours of data. See section 26 of the installation manual.
Perfect….thank you

swatson999

Suggest downloading *and reading* User's Manual and Installation Manual. It's all in there, along with bunches of other really useful information. :)

drbech

I’ll throw in my usage for the flight data.
In Denmark we have strict regulations of maintaining both pilot logbook and airplane logbook in books filled out with ink and quilt. Savvy can import data untouched and I use that on regular basis when I feel like updating the books.

rjones560

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a RV-8 that has 2 Dynon HDX Touch screens and I've got a rookie question. Can I leave thumb drives plugged in during a flight and record the data from the flight? If so, any recommendations on the easiest way to review the data?
Your question is answered below, but Savvy Aviation can analyze your engine data far better than you will ever be able to.