Skyview HDX in a VTail

PYoder

Would have done what you suggested except that I already had the 375. Installed it in late ‘19 just after buying the plane to be legal by the ADSB deadline. Bought the plane with no GPS or ADSB.

pbuddy16

Hey all,
Just finishing up the install in my '53 bonanza. Should be up and flying this week.

This was a huge undertaking and we ended up essentially re-wiring the entire plane, removing the old windscreen to replace with a speedslope, replacing the panel (which was structural), and then custom fitting a glare shield. 7 months of work, more custom sheetmetal than I thought, but... this is going in today...

Feel free to hit me with any and all questions if you're thinking about doing this in a V-Tail bonanza.

View attachment 3989

More photos of the build are here - http://instagram.com/vtail.pilot/

We will be doing a full video on the complexities of this install here soon. If you happen to be in Southern CA and want to come check it out, just give me a shout.
I am thinking of upgrading my S35 and I am in Socal... Would like to see you install, where are you located?

VtailPilot

I am thinking of upgrading my S35 and I am in Socal... Would like to see you install, where are you located?
I pulled my entire Skyview HDX and went Garmin. I'm sick of being lied to about the autopilot.

saladman02

For the A36 - where did you get your anunciator lights? I’m just about ready to cut the panel, but I just got quotes from vivisun at $820 per indicator, so I need to find an alternate…