SkyView HDX Trade-Up Program

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Many of you have been asking for a trade-up program to SkyView HDX for ages, and we finally have the capacity to create and service one.

So we're excited to announce that for a limited time, if you Trade-Up your SkyView Classic, SkyView Touch, or SkyView SE displays to SkyView HDX, you'll can receive $1000 back per 10" display and $700 back per 7" display.

Please read everything on the trade-up program webpage, where you also sign up for this offer. There are a couple of things to take special note of:
  • SkyView HDX displays purchased at retail are not eligible for this program. You MUST take delivery of your SkyView HDX displays through this program.
  • This upgrade program is available only directly from Dynon. Upgrades are not available through dealers and distributors.
  • Returned displays must be undamaged.
  • At the present time, this offer is open to owners of SkyView Classic, Touch, and SE displays located in the US and Canada.

Plopper

I love flying!
Today I also received that long-anticipated email about the trade-up program! Thrilled and happy I immediately read all about it - this is what I was waiting for, for years! And now I am so disappointed that the offer is only open to customers in the US and Canada 😂. I keep praying (although having ordered and bought my full $25K Dynon stack in the US) that I, as second-grade customer from the EU, will also get the chance to upgrade to HDX very soon...

Still very happy with everything Dynon in my RV 😃, hopefully a lot happier soon! Keep up the good work Dynon!

Roel
Amsterdam, Netherlands
RV-7A

owenssonex

Same harness.
But if you happen to be using the harness based USB connection, it will no longer work with the Version 2 HDX (all new hdx displays being shipped have a few new internal hardware components).

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Today I also received that long-anticipated email about the trade-up program! Thrilled and happy I immediately read all about it - this is what I was waiting for, for years! And now I am so disappointed that the offer is only open to customers in the US and Canada 😂. I keep praying (although having ordered and bought my full $25K Dynon stack in the US) that I, as second-grade customer from the EU, will also get the chance to upgrade to HDX very soon...

Still very happy with everything Dynon in my RV 😃, hopefully a lot happier soon! Keep up the good work Dynon!

Roel
Amsterdam, Netherlands
RV-7A
We'd like to open it up to international customers, but the logistics get more complicated. But we'll look towards that once we have a cadence going and have everything on the program running smoothly.

Johnh38

Sorry to be dense but I'm having trouble understanding the USB harness connection. If I upgrade to the HDX and use my existing harness (the one with the USB cable attached to the existing Skyview Classic), The USB port will not work, correct? In that case, I would have to purchase a USB extension cable and run from the rear of the HDX to the panel, or some other convenient location in order to plug in my chart data.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
We removed the USB from the harness as it was quite problematic. Some have no issues with it, but it is very often the cause of strange system behavior, lock up's, failed software loads, etc. The USB extensions plugged into the USB port on the back of the screen are a much better option.

jaredyates

I'm wondering, what is the advantage to this program? It seems that the old screens sell for $2000 each plus or minus a few hundred dollars. I guess you don't have to deal with the risk or hassle of selling the old screens, and to some people that may be worth $500-1000?

TRCsmith

Many of you have been asking for a trade-up program to SkyView HDX for ages, and we finally have the capacity to create and service one.

So we're excited to announce that for a limited time, if you Trade-Up your SkyView Classic, SkyView Touch, or SkyView SE displays to SkyView HDX, you'll can receive $1000 back per 10" display and $700 back per 7" display.

Please read everything on the trade-up program webpage, where you also sign up for this offer. There are a couple of things to take special note of:
  • SkyView HDX displays purchased at retail are not eligible for this program. You MUST take delivery of your SkyView HDX displays through this program.
  • This upgrade program is available only directly from Dynon. Upgrades are not available through dealers and distributors.
  • Returned displays must be undamaged.
  • At the present time, this offer is open to owners of SkyView Classic, Touch, and SE displays located in the US and Canada.
My new trade up to HDX is asking for license codes, so where are the codes? My old SV died last week so unable to download a backup. I'll be sending it in tomorrow.

Rhino

If this is in reference to the Pocket FMS database, you need to contact them with the serial number of the HDX. If this is in reference to a VP-X, it has a five or six character string that must be entered into the Dynon setup menu.

drbech

Let me be honest. The trade up program is flawed / totally ambiguous - at least when not having a US address. The message is entirely wrong if you won't support trade-up from around the globe.

1689435580889.png

The homepage clearly states that "A pre-paided return shipping label will be provided" for US customers only. In my humble opinion, that means that I as Europe citizen have to pay more or accept to arrange for return shipment by overselfs- that is okay, I still want to upgrade the screens. And until now haven't seen evidence I could.

I applied very fast to get into the program, heard nothing, nothing for a long time. I then asked, what was the hold up.

When I asked Dynon support - Why I haven't gotten a response. I got the answer from Support (message included) That the program is entirely only for US citizen. WTF! - see for yourself

1689436255693.png

I'm equally a Dynon customer - even though I'm a Danish citizen. Please Dynon - put a bigger marker on your homepage, on your trade in offer, that this is only for domestic US. You only state that "we cannot do a pre-paid return" I have included a picture below on how to make a proper statement.

1689437625833.png

Last edited:

RB-RV9A

Guys!!!! You better off selling your old screens on your own. They are going anywhere from $1700 to $2000 each ( for the 10”). Why would you trade with Dynon for $1000 credit when you can almost get the bow of that.

drbech

Guys!!!! You better off selling your old screens on your own. They are going anywhere from $1700 to $2000 each ( for the 10”). Why would you trade with Dynon for $1000 credit when you can almost get the bow of that.
Because I need the time to swap.

On a second note, I hear your point and appreciate it. Let me try to put my 2 X 7" classics on e-bay. lets see how that goes

Thanks a bunch

This is mood, but if anyone want a slighty used screen or two - please by mine ;-) - Ebay listing

Last edited: