skyview integrated com radio not working

Degrawmd

Yesterday got in plane com fired up ok seems to have database OK but can't hear anything so I don't know if Im getting out. Com 2 (bendix) works fine with the same tx button.
The Tx in the lower right corner seem to stay on on the (dynon) com 1

Any advice on what to trouble shoot.

Rhino

Sounds like you're constantly transmitting. The first step is to narrow things down. First, get a handheld radio or scanner and use it to confirm you do or don't have a hot mic. Then, turn everything off, disconnect the D25 connector on the radio, and use an ohmmeter to make sure pin 15 doesn't have ground constantly applied. If there's ground constantly applied at the radio pin, you probably have a problem with the radio. If ground is constantly applied to the connector pin (still disconnected from the radio), you probably have a problem with your wiring.

Last edited:

Rhino

And what kind of audio panel do you have? That might be useful.

Degrawmd

and thanks for the help - dynon technical support just said look for loose wires or frayed wires.
I'll pop the panel tomorrow and start checking things out.

Rhino

PS Engineering has four different manuals for the 8000BT, depending on your serial number, so we may need that.

Degrawmd

Thanks Rhino - I'm pretty sure its the radio (and convinced Dynon of such). Whenever I would key up the mic it (the mic) would go dead and the tx would show up in the bottom right of the display, but would never indicate "stuck" as which a stuck mic after 30 sec as advertised. Every time I would key it, the PMA tx would blink as it should but nothing. I had a hand held radio to check out any transmission. Com 2 acted the same way, in that the PMA tx would blink on transmit however I could hear the transmission and the mic was active. So Dynon sent me an RMA and we'll try a new one. I did check all the wiring on the removal and did not find anything glaring.
Again thanks for responding and helping me out.