Skyview kaleidoscope

Lionclaw

Has anyone else seen anything like this? This was on startup. The colors and lines kept moving and changing. The plane's battery was hooked up to a charger at the time, so that might have been an issue. After cycling the power it came up fine.

I have had problems though with the unit not coming up at all when I flip on the avionics power. I can cycle the power and it works the second try. I'll try holding down the first button next time and see if it starts.

SSPX0096.JPG

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You should see that or similar for just a second or two as the unit boots and screen powers up. If it got stuck like that, it implies the unit didn't in fact boot up correctly. Give us a call at 425-402-0433 if it's anything more than a one-time thing.

RICHAWK

Hi Andy,

I had similar problems. Tried a fully charged battery on and off charger, unit hot and cold but I couldnt find any consistent behaviour. It seemed to freeze in a partly booted up state, not come on at all or be fine in a random fashion. Dynon exchanged the screen for new unit. Which is fine.

Richard      

MavSmith

I have seen my Skyview occasionally hang during boot. It always comes up the second time. It has happend on both the battery and the ships power.

n223rv

Mine has hung on boot a few times since December. Various different issues, but a reboot always fixed it, so far....

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We're looking into it as there are a few of you out there that are seeing this. Know that once your unit boots, it will be rock solid. In other words, if you are seeing this issue, it only affects the boot behavior, not system stability once the screen is running.

So if it's happening a lot or you just want a fix immediately, we have a hardware fix if you don't mind sending your unit in. Call or email support@ if you want an RMA for this issue. If you can live with the behavior for a bit, we're looking if its possible to fix in software.

thibault

I am also experiencing this issue. When it happens, you can not power down the display unit from Button One.

As a result, I have a question. Are most installers putting a pilot accessible switch on the backup battery to Skyview wire, so that all power can be removed?

If not, how do you force a re-boot on an installed system?

Tom Thibault

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can force a power off on a stuck system by pressing buttons 1,2, and 5 at the same time.

skysailor

You can force a power off on a stuck system by pressing buttons 1,2, and 5 at the same time.

Is this documented in the manuals or a "shop secret"?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I'd call it a "technical support tool" myself :)

It's not in the manuals, and we'll like keep it that way. It helps us gain visibility when someone is having an issue that would require its use (which should really be between rare and never)