Skyview kit to order? What to include?

rickw

Slowly wrapping my head around this. RV9a, basic vfr, all glass. Adahrs behind baggage bulkhead. What to included in order?
10" skyview bundle, and 7" skyview bundle, 1 network splitter, 1 adahrs module, 1 engine monitoring module, one gps kit, and 2 37 pin display harnesses? I have already installed the dynon ap brackets, and wiring. Will not install servos yet, thats down the road after this bird flies.

Do I need anything additional for encoding? Should I get some sort of switch for canopy closed notice? Did I miss any cables or other necessary stuff to make putting this together easier? How long should the cables be for basic rv config? I want to put in one fat order and have what I need. Any comments welcome!

Jamie

Hi Rick.

I also put in one backup battery ( pilot side ) on my first order for my RV-7A , I had 3 x 6ft pre-made network cables, however I have now just put an order in for a 20 ft length( screen to adahrs ) and I will put the d-sub ends on myself. If you are running servos for auto pilot, you will need 3 extra wires ( pwr, gnd,disconnect ) for each servo.

RE: splitter, you can cut/join them yourself or you can buy the pre-made ones.

I hope this helps.  :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The screen bundles each come with their 37 pin harness. You may or may not want a 2nd splitter, with 2 servos. Or you can wire them to a common location and then use one as you've described. Don't forget about the engine probe kits if you haven't factored that in already ($600 for a 4 cylinder Lycoming, +200 for the fuel flow sensor)

Pilots8000

I have been searching the Install manuals and this site for a reference that a SV-D700/B (7" display) and SV-D1000/B (10" display) can be installed and networked together in one aircraft.  This post seems to imply that it is possible, but I've not been able to find anything that explicitly says the 7" and 10" displays are compatible.

Can someone confirm?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
From that a connectivity and software perspective they're identical.