SKYVIEW RELEASE 7.0

Bruno

Hello Support

You mentionned that with the upcoming Release 7.0 for Skyview that  you will have Approach, Stars,SIDS charts etc available for the US & Europe...

Will Canada be included in this?? Electronics Canadian Charts are now available ( See Foreflight ) so will Seattle Avionics also provide them for us Canadians??

I look at the Seattle Avionics website and couldn't find the info..

Thanks

Bruno

L

larrynew

Will there be a subscription cost for the data from Seattle Avionics? I see on their website that they charge around $50-299 per year depending on the device.

flyingboy

And another plug for those of us who live down under.. We support you Dynon. love the product and customer service, yes we are a long way from you but we have swapped our Kangaroos for planes, and looking for the added inclusion.
Cheers

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There will be a subscription, and it will be similar to other products Seattle Avionics supports. Pricing hasn't been finalized yet though.

Unfortunately, Australia is one of the areas that Seattle Avionics doesn't have coverage for. We'll be looking into how to plug the major holes (Canada, Australia, Brazil are the major ones that come to mind), but the reality is that Seattle Avionics is an entire company that does data for aviation, and they've not had success in getting data out of some governments.

Bruno

Hi Support

Good to know someone is working on it but with most if not all of Nav Canada charts now available in digital format, it should be fairly simple to add us to the list..

What I really want are the approachs charts, the rest I could always use my Ipad..

Thanks

Bruno

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
While charts are "available" for Canada, Nav Canada has licensing terms and pricing that makes it difficult to use in a general aviation product like SkyView. We would love to have them, and the challenge is not technical, but bureaucratic.

Contact Seattle Avionics to let them know how much you want them and whoever you can in Canada to get them to push Nav Canada to have more accessible data.

Bruno

Hello Support

''Bureaucratic''  Why am I not surprise... :cool:.The world over here can't turn without some form of paperwork...

I'll check with Seattle Avionics and COPA (Canadian Owners and Pilot Association ) to see if we might move to the 21st Century some day.. ::)

Thanks again

Bruno

skysailor

Are the charts you plan approach plates, Sectionals, Low IFR,High IFR or some combination?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The charts we are discussing are approach charts and airport diagrams. Sectionals, and HI/LO charts are a feature we hope to have in the future.

mcm

And ..... Sweden? :D
Here is the link to the app with airfield diagrams and approach plates for even the smallest airstrip. I would love to get them included in 7.0. All pilots in Sweden use this app or the printed charts because the AIP only shows the few major airports.
-Stefan

Svenska Flygfält för iPad i iTunes App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/svenska-flygfalt/id478826166?mt=8

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, the charts are georeferenced. You see your aircraft location right on the approach plate and on the taxi diagram.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do have chart data in Sweden, but it appears to be the AIP data. For instance, we have data on ESSA and ESSB but not ESSN.

Our data is coming from Seattle Avionics, so they are the ones to contact and see if they can include data from other sources. We don't have the ability to include extra data in the database.

preid

concerning the subscription, will the improved moving map enhancement also require a fee as well?
Any other features/upgrades coming out in 7.0 not mentioned in the announcement?