SKYVIEW RELEASE 7.0

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The charts we are discussing are approach charts and airport diagrams. Sectionals, and HI/LO charts are a feature we hope to have in the future.

preid

Bump-Any other features/upgrades coming out in 7.0 not mentioned in the announcement? (aka charts for IFR and faster way to get airport info on MAP)
I would LOVE to see the Com info from the SL-XX include Approach frequencies Info. I saw it for LAS but nothing for LA Center or other approach frequencies. This is a great feature on the top of display showing the respective comm info (for confirming) and miss not seeing it when switching freqs in busy airspace when there is nothing to confirm the frequency owner.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Airport diagrams are part of the charting capability, and those include both the FAA and Flight Guide diagrams in the US. More ATC frequencies are something we're looking into, actually. May not be 7.0 though.

Bruno

Hello Support

Would you have a more accurate date when we can expect Ver 7.0 to come out??

Thanks

Bruno

johnsteichen

Foreflight now has Canadian approach plates and sectionals for your iPad. One week after I returned from Alaska trip, don't ya know. It was paper maps and no NEXRAD radar in upper BC and Yukon. Had to dust off a portion of my brain :)

Bruno

Hello Support

Thank you for the info.

If it is a matter of cost to get the Canadian Charts on our Skyview, just gave us a ball park figure of the potential cost and if affordable, I'm sure most of us will go for it.

Regarding the Canadians Charts with Foreflight.

The way the charts are provided to Foreflight by Nav Canada, they are not stitch together so info from one chart to the other are missing.So be very careful as you mind miss some info.

I've been told that COPA, Nav Canada and Foreflight are on it now

Thanks

Bruno

rogersmart

If the geo reference is what causes the required subscription price then I vote for non geo and free!

Bruno

Same here regarding Geo-Referencing..Altough a fantastic asset to have,If I need this to tell me where I am, I've got bigger problems than this...

Just my $0.02

Bruno

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
In Canada the issue for cost is not the geo-referencing, it is the copyright of the document.

You would need to talk to Seattle Avionics to ask them the price of Canada data if they were able to get it.

Bruno

Hello Support

I will give a call to Seattle Avionics and see what they say about getting Canada's coverage.

About Nav Canada wanting money for the rights to use the Data, let's just say '' I'm not surprise one bit',

Thanks again for responding

Bruno

Jamie

Any chance we could see the OAT being in Deg C rather than just Deg F ?
I know I have asked for this before, just seeing if a fix may be out soon ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can individually select the OAT's units. All other temps are set globally:

SYSTEM SETUP > MEASUREMENT UNITS > TEMPERATURES: GENERAL: (FAHRENHEIT / CELCIUS)

Sorry I got that wrong, what I was after is Carburetor Temperature Sensor read out in deg C