SkyView Software v16.5.2 for Experimental & Light Sport Released 8/3/2023

RV8JD

SkyView software v16.5.2 for Experimental & Light Sport aircraft released on 8/3/2023.

"This software release contains support for the Rotax 915 iS engine, supports the ULPower 520T engine with boost pressure setting, adds a new fuel at destination EMS widget, contains improvements to Wi-Fi stability and performance, and has a variety of other fixes and improvements. See the download page for more details."

Last edited:

awmuhs@aol.com

Does this update fix the ADSB/TIS traffic display conflict? RIght now I have TIS turned off
SkyView software v16.5.2 for Experimental & Light Sport aircraft released on 8/3/2023.

"This software release contains support for the Rotax 915 iS engine, supports the ULPower 520T engine with boost pressure setting, adds a new fuel at destination EMS widget, contains improvements to Wi-Fi stability and performance, and has a variety of other fixes and improvements. See the download page for more details."

RV8JD

Does this update fix the ADSB/TIS traffic display conflict? RIght now I have TIS turned off

The Release Notes include the item shown below, but don't know more than that.

"Improved: SV-ADSB-472 firmware update."

Bob Y

THANK YOU DYNON for finally giving us “Fuel at destination“!

Pond

Hi
Does anybody know how I can free some space to get my 16.5.2 update installe.
When I Reach the screen to update, system tells me « Not enough memory available »
Thank you for answers

andresmith76

I love flying!
Hi
Does anybody know how I can free some space to get my 16.5.2 update installe.
When I Reach the screen to update, system tells me « Not enough memory available »
Thank you for answers
Have you tried clearing your system's data logs?

Bob Y

This is a really wild guess, but if you’ve cleared you data logs, is it possible the message is referring to your USB drive? What size drive are you using and how much free storage does it have? The installation software first uploads your existing settings to the USB drive before downloading the new software. Are you possibly maxing out the USB drive?

Pond

Hi Bob, Hi Andress
Thank you for your tips. After clearing my data files and changing the USB drive, it seems it was the USB drive which was involved. I reloaded my files on a new one and the new release passed without problems.
Everything is working fine so far.
Fly safe
JL

kevineldredge

I recently purchased G3 with Skyview. Installing new engine but cannot get oil press and fuel press to read correctly. showing 115 psi. I could not find the Kelvico 103757 150 psi sensors in list so I thought I would update the software to see if they would be added. I installed version 16.5.2.10439, ,after update it rebooted screen and started to load but froze. I tried to restart system but now the screen seems to come on but remains black?

RV8JD

Dynon seems to have pulled most of the v16.5.2 update options from its download page. Glad I waited and didn't update.

Last edited:

RV8JD

If I turned off or interrupted update is there a way to restore SV to last or reboot?
Try pressing buttons #1, #2, and #5 simultaneously to reboot the system. If it won't reboot, best to contact Dynon Support directly:

Technical Support
Phone: +1 (425) 224-6736
EMail: support@dynon.com
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific, M - F

Last edited:

Bob Y

My system froze on me too last year. I accidentally shut off the master while the system was booting. Upon rebooting, gave me a blank screen too. The BIOS got scrambled. I had to send it to Dynon to fix.

Stevec

When updating a version 4 HDX system the update froze at the point shown in the picture. We had no choice but to power off after waiting 30mins for something to happen. Fortunately when we turned power back on it seemed to continue from where it stopped and the update completed normally. Phew😳

I should add I did two classic screen updates and they went without an issue

IMG_20230805_143429.jpg

Last edited:

Alto

I have a Skyview HDX 11 in a Magni Gyro with 915is engine. It has a Kankardia EMIS. After installation of the 16.5.2. update package the Skyview Flashes a warning light Caution in yellow. When selected, the the button displays Can Failure.

I'm guessing this is because I don't have the Dynon EMS sensor package installed. When I look at set up it shows various engine sensors configured with a CAN interface.

How should I correct this situation?

Rhino

Maybe this is why Dynon has suspended all system software downloads.

RV8JD

Maybe this is why Dynon has suspended all system software downloads.
Not all of the v16.5.2 downloads have been suspended. Interestingly, the v16.5.2 download under "Method 2: Individual SkyView Files and Detailed Updating Procedures" is still available.

This may mean that the new "EMS Sensor Definitions: 08/03/2023 release" could be the culprit, since it has been suspended as a standalone download. It is included in the "Method 1: SkyView Update Package (US and Western Europe Only)", which also has been suspended for download.

Last edited:

swatson999

Do companies *never* learn how to handle problems like this? I mean, communicate to the public and their customers what is going on in an honest, up-front manner?

Just put a statement on the download page, and here, and anywhere else that's appropriate, explaining why downloads have been removed and what, if anything, a user should do if they have problems.

Shees...NOT addressing the issue publicly is only going to fuel the rumor mill (as is already happening here).

Rhino

Not all of the v16.5.2 downloads have been suspended...

All the software packages are suspended. You can get individual HDX system downloads, but they don't include everything.

1691547821177.png