SkyView Trade-Up Programs

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Now that our capacity is growing (and the supply-chain crisis behind us), we're excited to launch a second Trade-Up program. This is in addition to the SkyView Classic/SE/Touch --> SkyView HDX offer that we announced a few weeks ago:

This program offers rebates when you trade-in your legacy D10/D100/D180 products to a SkyView HDX-based system or an Advanced AF-6600 based system.

The short version is: You purchase one of these systems, with a minimum list of equipment (that most customers buy anyway, and usually more), and we'll rebate you for your existing legacy Dynon products. One legacy product per SkyView or AF display purchased, and of course there are other terms.

So now, no matter which non-HDX Dynon products you currently have, there's an upgrade path available to SkyView HDX.

See complete details at www.dynon.com/promos

slipstream

Is there a list of approved vendors? I see some new Skyview components on eBay. Also, how long is this promotion expected to last? I have my panel upgrade tentatively scheduled for January/February.

Rhino

Dynon is the only vendor for trade-ups. The duration is unknown, and dependent on supply and demand. It might be good to apply now. You don't actually accomplish the trade-up until your name comes up in the list. You might also want to speak with them directly concerning your upgrade schedule.

I'd be very leery of new Dynon equipment on eBay. I'd even be fairly leery of used equipment there. Horror stories of scams abound.

slipstream

Well, concerning Dynon being the sole vendor, there’s this..

As for eBay and avionics, I’ve had good experiences overall. My entire legacy panel came from eBay, from all the D100/D10A/HS34/AP74 system I’m currently upgrading, to the GNS430W that I’m also upgrading to a GTN650, etc. I do understand caveat emptor; I’m just saying there are some deals out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 44

Rhino

Contact them and see. I've just never seen anyone but Dynon issue RMAs for trade-ins.

You bought brand new Dynon equipment on eBay? First I've heard of that. Might make warranty service very interesting.

ty1295

Dynon has a list of vendors on their site. As a vendor myself although I have not done it yet, I see no reason a vendor in good status couldn't help do the trade up program.

Rhino

I'm not saying it can't possibly happen. I've just never personally seen it. And I have no idea how they'd handle the RMAs through a vendor. Maybe you could shed some light on that.

RV8JD

Dynon has a list of vendors on their site. As a vendor myself although I have not done it yet, I see no reason a vendor in good status couldn't help do the trade up program.
From the SkyView HDX trade-up program info: https://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview-hdx-trade-up.php

"Additional Important Details
This upgrade program is available only from Dynon directly. Upgrades are not available through dealers and distributors.
..."

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
With this trade-in program, you can buy your SkyView system through any actual Dynon dealer. Used/non-authorized sales are not eligible. If you're not sure whether your source is an actual dealer, reach out to our sales team and they can double-check for you.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
From the SkyView HDX trade-up program info: https://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview-hdx-trade-up.php

"Additional Important Details
This upgrade program is available only from Dynon directly. Upgrades are not available through dealers and distributors.
..."
To clarify, there are two different trade-up programs.

The first one - the SkyView Classic/Touch/SE to SkyView HDX Trade-Up Offer - is available only directly through Dynon because we're capacity limited at times on how many displays we can trade-in. (IE, we couldn't handle a flood of display-only sales that aren't matched to the rest of the system components).

The second one - D10/D100 Series to SkyView HDX or AF-6600 Trade-In/Rebate - is available to anyone that purchases their new SkyView system through any of our dealers (these are easier to handle more universally because they are "balanced" system sales in terms of forecasting etc)

Details for both are at https://dynonavionics.com/promos/