SkyView Traffic Display Configuration

Goergch

I love flying!
Hello all together,

In April we bought a brand new BRM Bristell with a Dynom Skyview System with in sum three displays.

It is combined with a Garrecht TRX-1500 for FLARM and ADS-B traffic information.
The data seems to come in to the displays, as we see the arrows move on the synthetic vision and the map display.

The problem for us is, that we miss a kind of "radar view" as known from the normal FLARM devices: relative direction, distance, relative height.

So it now happens that the Dynon systems gives us an acoustic warning but we cannot find the corresponding aircraft.

Can anybody give us a hint if this may be configured in any way?
Otherwise this would be a perfect feature for a next software update of the Skyview system.

Best regards from Germany
Christian Goerg

Topgunul

I love flying!
Hello,

i´ve got the same probe and figure out, that it is very important, that you are using the last firmware for the farm. It could be done only with a micro SD card.

Torsten

hufise

Hallo Christian

Das Problem ist das garrecht 1500 empfängt auch nicht adsb Transpondersignale wie Mode S die als umlaufende Warnungen dargestellt werden können, sie sind nicht genau lokalisierbar außer die Höhe. Ich habe ein 2000 trx mit Display. ich empfehle ein butterfly Display zusätzlich.

Grüsse Daniel Rv12 Schweiz

Goergch

I love flying!
Hello,

thanks for your first answers.
@Topgun: Flarm is of course updated.
@hufise: The TRX-1500 does receive ADS-B signals. But this should not be the problem. We see both -Flarm and ADS-B - planes on the dynon moving map and on the synthetic vision.

The real question is if there is any way to display the received info in a view similar to a butterfly display but integrated in the PFD?

Best regards
Christian

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Traffic target on SkyView - if the information from the device supports it - should show relative direction (via the physical location of the target, plus a trend arrow), distance (by virtue of where it is on the map) and relative height (via numbers next to the target). However, not all traffic devices output all of the information needed to create that display. I'm not certain about Flarm, but a few questions: What version of SkyView are you running? What format is your serial port for the device set to in SkyView (there are a few different ways to get data from a flarm device, depending on how it is configured), and can you provide a picture of what you see in flight? You can take a SkyViews screenshot by pressing buttons 2+7 at the same time with a USB memory stick connected.

Topgunul

I love flying!
Hello again,

any adjust has the same result, NO FLARM ;-(

Can anyone send me or report the settings that they used in the combination from a Skydive and the TRX 1500.

Also if i use the ATX in the setup, the result is the same.

Thx

Torsten

Goergch

I love flying!
Happy new year!

Finally I made it investigating further on the problem.

Here is the requested information:
1. It was V12.x on the SkyView...
2. Serial port in SkyView is configured to FLARM traffic
3. Serial Port 2 in TRX-1500 is configured as external display
4. Screenshots are attached

There is the possibility to configure the TRX-1500 to TIS and the SkyView to AirAvionics TRX-1500. But this will require soldering. (The SkyView is soldered to Serial Port 2 on TRX-1500 and this is for external displays only)

Best regards
Christian

Attachments

• screenshot-12_2_0_2950-20151001-112204-383.png
    screenshot-12_2_0_2950-20151001-112204-383.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 259
  • screenshot-12_2_0_2950-20151001-114232-060.png
    screenshot-12_2_0_2950-20151001-114232-060.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 273

Goergch

I love flying!
Hello,

Meanwhile it is clear to me, that the missing traffic display, like I want it, is not a false configuration. It is rather a feature request.

What I miss is a display like this:
http://www.air-avionics.com/air/images/bdwarncases.jpg
for FLARM and ADS-B targets for situations were a warning is necessary.

Our configuration is the following:

1 x SV-D1000T
2 x SV-D700
SV-XPNDR
Air Avionics TRX-1500

So we have no external FLARM display and we want the warning displayed in the PFD display.

@Dynon Avionics: Please consider bringing this feature in a next version of the SkyView software! I attached a mockup to make clear what we need.

Best regards
Christian Görg

Attachments

• SV-FLARM.png
    SV-FLARM.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 369

swatson999

Ick. If you like it, okay, but I think that's confusing (and ugly) by comparison with the map and/or the PFD showing you exactly where the traffic is...

kuhnla

I love flying!
Very nice suggestion from Christian!

I love the SkyView and yes, the traffic display on the map is very useful. Despite the fact, all needed information is given on the map, as a pilot I need to evaluate all information displayed, to be able to judge whether the traffic on the map is a factor or not. A small FLARM-like window would help to judge before looking at the map display and analyze all displayed vectors.

OK, the FLARM-like window does not need to be that ugly, but I would appreciate something alike very much!

Greetings

Markus

swatson999

...all needed information is given on the map, as a pilot I need to evaluate all information displayed, to be able to judge whether the traffic on the map is a factor or not.

How is something with *coarser* resolution better?  And aren't there indications of traffic shown on the PFD, too?

Let's see...on the map, I have a traffic indication, its relative altitude, climb/descent status, and a vector showing where it's going (and whether it will be a factor for me or not).  On the PFD I have indications of traffic *in the place they are in the real world* if I look out the window.

What more do you want?  Sorry, that display from the other device pales in comparison to the extant capability in the SkyView.