SkyView VP-X Support Announced

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

nigelspeedy

Great work Dynon,

This is just what I have been waiting for as I progress with my RV-8 panel. The $275 licence fee seems very reasonable and a fair way to recoupe the development costs. Keep up the good work.

cheers

Nigel

jbeaver

Excellent news guys!  I can't wait to see what the integration will look like.  Given your high bar for user interface quality and usability, I expect it to be the premier EFIS system to use with the VP-X (no pressure though :)).

I agree that the $275 license fee seems fairly reasonable, but I would hope that the additional sales as a result of supporting this feature would more than cover the development costs.

jason
http://www.jasonbeaver.com/rv7

Bruno

Mr Dynon Support
               Are we gonna have to send our unit back to Dynon or will this be a software update we can do in the field??

Soory if this has been ask before but I couldn't find it

Bruno  :-?

RanRan

That's great news! Vertical Power is doing great, sensible things. It's a good marriage. They are saying that integration will be complete by the end of 2011 - Hire someone - put a push on this!!!!

Question: Would every Dynon component (including the servos) be run through the VP-X?

I would imagine that something like the Light Speed electronic ignition controller would run off a main bus.

mmarien

Murray M.
As I understand it, the VP-X is the main bus. I believe you connect the power from the battery solenoid directly to the VP-X and every thing is powered from it. Anything that had a breaker or fuse previously is now powered from the VP-X. The difference of course is that the circuits can have conditions placed on them rather then just a over voltage protection of the breaker. For instance, the starter circuit can be disabled when the engine is running and the flaps can be disabled when the air speed is greater then XXX kts, etc. The circuits can be always on (eg: flaps/servos/EFIS/etc.) or turned on with a switch (eg: lights/pitot heat/etc). You can program which switch turns on which circuit.

The VP-X install manual suggests that electronic ignitions can be wired directly from the battery or one from the battery on one from VP-X. P-Mags can both be wired from the VP-X as they can run without external power once the engine is started. Check the VP-X manual for details.

http://www.verticalpower.com/docs/Install_Ops_Manual_VP-X_P_S.pdf

It's going to take some rethinking just like when we abandoned our analog gauges for the glass panel. Just think of the VP-X adding features like the PDF added TAS, wind direction and SV. You're going to like it :).

kziygz5bwg0

Great Work Dynon
Support with the VP-X
Just woundering will you  Ever be Supporting the VP 200 ?
I need to make a decesion soon  
buy the VP-X OR the VP 200
But not to worried about how long  before the VP 200 is intrigated with the SKYVIEW.
Slow Build RV6

Many Thanks

Chris

pajfcorg

There was no mention of VP-X support in the 3.1 Release Notes. My understanding is that VP-X firmware support so the SkyView can control the circuit breakers will happen in an upgrade this year. Any additional guidance on the timeframe?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's still scheduled for this year. It may be in the next release, but that's not yet been finalized.