skyview wont recognise auto pilot servos

crashley

HI I have just installed the auto pilot servos but the skyview doesnt see them  when I do a check it finds the ems a adhrs but not the servos

meljordan

Have you set the various airspeeds in the SkyView yet? You must set the IAS limits before the system will see the servos. Also, are the servos new with "SkyView Ready" stickers on them?

Best Regards,
Mel Jordan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Any chance the servos aren't powered? Nominally, you'll have some of the wire (the SkyView Network) going back through the 9 pin connector, but the power needs to come from ship's power, not through the 9 pin connector.

flaude

I have the same problem. The Skyview do not recognize the 2 servos. I have the power coming on each motor ( I know that because my VPX tell me that the motor draw power...

I start to do not understand what to do!

flaude

on my side I have the answer. I have bought my servo too early and they are not compatible with skyview. I have to do a firmware update

skysailor

The update of the servo firmware is quite likely required if the servos were not purchased fairly recently. Dynon Support will probably be along to tell you the date before which a servo must be updated. The update can either be done with a program available in the Support area of the main site (the instructions are very complete) or from a D10A, D100, D180. If you have access to one one of the legacy units, it will update the servo. The Skyview will then recognize the servo and add it to the network. The Skyview will be able to do any further updates in the future as long as you get the servo communicating with it.

mmarien

Murray M.
First thing to check is if the servo's have the Skyview ready sticker. I ordered a couple from Aircraft Spruce. One had the Skyview Ready stricker s/n 46## and the other didn't, s/n 1800. I was a little ticked at Aircraft Spruce for sending the old stock which cost me $$ to send it to Dynon for updating but I guess they accomodate in other ways.

I'm also a little surprised that Dynon didn't mention the program to update the servo's on the web site when I contacted them. Do you have the url skyview?

flaude

I f I could update my servo without removing them from the wing I would be very happy...

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you have a friend with a D100, D10A, or D180, you can update the servos with them in the plane, if you are willing to run some wires around.

Since it's been about 9 months since we shipped servos that need to be updated, it's not something we tend to discuss with people ordering. 10 months ago, we sure tried to make sure everyone ordering from us knew.

flaude

It was quite easy to remove them from the wing, so I send them to The french distributor of Dynon In france.

Now I just have to wait

Whatever I have many things to do on the plane...