SL30 Serial/Analog Output

weddlec

Can the SL30 output serial and analog data at the same time? Is it possible to have the serial output to a Dynon HSI and the analog output to a resolver-type indicator head working simultaneously? If so, how does the OBS on the indicator head operate?

Curtis

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We're not sure, though maybe a customer out there has some experience with this setup. It depends on whether or not the serial port continues to output data when the indicator type is set to "resolver", or if the analog lines still work when the heading type is set to "none".

weddlec

I looked in the archives to see if someone had considered this before. I found that some people had panel layouts that included an indicator head which used the analog output from the SL30 while the unit was simultaneously connected to the Dynon unit through the serial cable, but haven't found any accounts of this actually being operational.

If only one output is possible at a time, I wonder if the SL30 could be calibrated with an analog indicator, operated normally with the Dynon, and be selectable for analog output in flight in a way that the previous calibration could be retained.

Curtis

dsl

I have an SL30 with an Md 200 indicator head, and the serial output to the Dynon D10a as well. I would have to check but I think the SL30 is set to none. The SL30 drives the indicator correctly, and the OBS selected on the indicator corresponds to the SL30, i.e. the display, if selected on the SL30, and changes with the OBS. The HSI on the Dynon adjusts with the OBS on the MD200 as well. Everything functions correctly.

PilotKris

Another option would be to use a converter indicator like the KNI-209. That would be connected to the SL30's composite video output and work completely independently of the D10A. That way you could have 2 different courses set on the two units.

Chuckh1197

Where on the sl30 do you set analog/serial output to none. I cant find it in the manual