software &settings etc

Maurice Martin

Hi I just got my D1000 back from repair. Although well out of warranty Dynon agreed to fix the hardware fault free of charge. It had only been installed never used, but thanks Dynon -Good Company.
My question though relates to Set ups / Calibrations - fuel Qty & Autopilot etc. I performed these using a D1000 loaned from my UK sales agent & I am concerned not to loose them when I put my repaired unit back. I get the procedure to use as the RMA says clearly- repaired with settings as sent but reading the manual I find that calibrations are not exportable to a memory stick,& I want to save all the settings & calibrations etc to a safe place in case I foul it up when I reinstall the system from theD700 that is original installation equipment. Any experience/advice please.
MM

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Calibrations do export and import, so exporting setting should work for what you're trying to do.

Maurice Martin

Thanks Maybe my manual is out of date. I have Revision P Sept 2013 and Section 3-10 of Basic Skyview Display Operation - System Software Menu clearly states "EXPORT SETTINGS -----"Note that (as of V6) calibration settings are not exported, including servo calibrations,fuel tank calibrations, and compass calibrations." Does this mean that when I return my screen to service in the As received condition these calibrations that were done after it failed will be impossible to down load from the D700 (Always kept in the aeroplane) and used for all these calibration exercises, including the flap settings. Plse advise

jakej

“I have Revision P Sept 2013 and Section 3-10 of Basic Skyview Display Operation”
Why would you use that version when this is 7 years later ?
First rule especially when troubleshooting is to make sure you have the latest available software & install manual, then ask questions if you still are having ‘issues’.
Any recently replaced/repaired units will have been updated leaving you very out of sync with an old install or pilots manual.

Maurice Martin

“I have Revision P Sept 2013 and Section 3-10 of Basic Skyview Display Operation”
Why would you use that version when this is 7 years later ?
First rule especially when troubleshooting is to make sure you have the latest available software & install manual, then ask questions if you still are having ‘issues’.
Any recently replaced/repaired units will have been updated leaving you very out of sync with an old install or pilots manual.
Hmm -I checked revision AG 2020 on my new Mac & predictably It remains unchanged from my well thumbed Rev P