Software update help

Paul3302

I haven’t update for quite a while. Skyview classic
Currently 13.0.33.3233
Please advise if I can update directly to the current version
Also have no gps time. Hopefully update will fix
Thanks

WmInce

My experience has been that you can update directly to the latest version.
Correct.
Additionally, if updating to the lastest version, it will correct the "missing GPS time" issue.
Just as a reminder, when you do the update, if you have dual displays, each display must be updated separately. Therefore, shut down one display before updating the other. Then, shutdown the updated display, before updating the other display.

Note: If only one display is updated and both are powered, it will cause multiple errors with the servos, AHARS . . etc.
Do not power up both displays, simultaneously, until both Skyview's have been updated. After both Skyviews have been updated and powered up together, they will synchronize and any errors should disappear.
Ask me how I know this.

kellym

I love flying!
Correct.
Additionally, if updating to the lastest version, it will correct the "missing GPS time" issue.
Just as a reminder, when you do the update, if you have dual displays, each display must be updated separately. Therefore, shut down one display before updating the other. Then, shutdown the updated display, before updating the other display.

Note: If only one display is updated and both are powered, it will cause multiple errors with the servos, AHARS . . etc.
Do not power up both displays, simultaneously, until both Skyview's have been updated. After both Skyviews have been updated and powered up together, they will synchronize and any errors should disappear.
Ask me how I know this.
Interesting, this comment. I have been updating my 2 Classic displays with both powered up since about version 4.0. Yes, I get errors after the first display is updated, which I just ignore, and go ahead and update the second display. The only part that is annoying is that with the second display updates the system updates each peripheral device, even though they were updated during the update of the first screen. That takes awhile, with the EMS, dual AHARS, 3 servos, ARINC, transponder, etc. Seems like a waste of time and battery power.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I too update both screens while powered up and ignore the errors on the screen that is awaiting the update. Note that updates from older versions require a reboot after the update to fully take effect (per the Dynon download page).