Software Upgrade Issue

PhantomPholly

Thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has experienced this before I start tracing wires.

My D180 & HS34 are installed in my plane, and the serial connections for each are connected to a rotary switch (D180 Upgrades; D180 data logger; HS34 Upgrades). I've successfully performed 2 software upgrades since installing this setup, no problems.

Yesterday I tried upgrading to v5.1.1 (or whatever the latest is) and it could not find either device. Ok, well an obvious possibility is that the connection from the connector to the switch is bad - but I ran out of time to chase it down. I did re-boot the computer, and verified that the USB-to-Serial converter was successfully installed on the computer on Com Port 14.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas on this or if I can take it for granted that a wire has just come loose.

Thanks!

PhantomPholly

I think so too, but it could also have been problems caused by the often infamous Microsoft patches.

Since I won't be back out there until next weekend I thought it worth asking if anyone else was having that problem.

:)